PDA

Voir la version complète : Time to migrate ?

MiryamH
05/12/2011, 07h37
Assalamu’alaikum,

When we think about the Hijrah (migration of the Prophet from Makkah to Medina), we rarely imagine the difficulty it must have been for our beloved Prophet (Peace be upon him)and his companions to leave their homes, their businesses, their families, and migrate to a different new city. Can you imagine yourself doing it? Leaving all the comforts you’ve built over the years in your hometown and simply starting a new life in a new town?

It’s not easy. But sometimes such migration is needed in order to kick start a new life and propel us towards productive pursuits just like it was needed at the time of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in order for Islam to find a new home in Medina and be able to spread more freely in the Arabian peninsula.

Today I invite you all to a spiritual form of Hijrah, a Hijrah for the sake of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) from sins to good deeds, from bad friends to good friends, from non-halal job to a halal job, from living for dunya to living for akhira, and of course from unproductivity to productivity!

This spiritual migration won’t be easy and might be challenging at times, but if done for the sake of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala), it will be beneficial in the end inshaAllah.

Here’s an article I wrote a year ago on Productivity lessons from the Hijrah which I hope you’ll find beneficial: http://www.productivemuslim.com/productivity-lessons-from-the-hijrah-part-2/

Hope you like it!

Sincerely,
Abu Productive

Sami Yusuf Islam
13/01/2012, 07h45
Assalamu’alaikum,

Wa alaykom essalam sis.

When we think about the Hijrah (migration of the Prophet from Makkah to Medina), we rarely imagine the difficulty it must have been for our beloved Prophet (Peace be upon him)and his companions to leave their homes, their businesses, their families, and migrate to a different new city. Can you imagine yourself doing it?

You are absolutely right. It must have been far tougher than what we can imagine.

Leaving all the comforts you’ve built over the years in your hometown and simply starting a new life in a new town?

That is not the hard part of it. Think about leaving family that had not accepted islam by the time of the order to migrate. I am indeed choosing my words here: the ORDER to migrate. Yes. One of the most abhorrent things you find in some history books is that the migration to the Medina is called the “Fuite à la médine” or the “Flee to Medina”. That is a very low attempt to insinuate the prophet and the companions fled to Medina. The prophet had been patient for 13 years in Mekka before God ORDERED him and the companions to migrate to Medina, which historically and strategically was an absolutely excellent move. It was a life or death issue.

It’s not easy. But sometimes such migration is needed in order to kick start a new life and propel us towards productive pursuits just like it was needed at the time of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in order for Islam to find a new home in Medina and be able to spread more freely in the Arabian peninsula.

Exactly. I often say that a lot of what the prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam taught us was not meant to be a one off, but an example to follow in life. The fasting is not only about leaving food and drink for daytime, but about withholding yourself from its desires. Hajj is not about travelling to a place and turning 7 times around a cubic building but about abandoning everything for God, going to a place where you dedicate all your time for God, and you humiliate yourself for God, by leaving proper knitted clothes and head cover.

Today I invite you all to a spiritual form of Hijrah, a Hijrah for the sake of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) from sins to good deeds, from bad friends to good friends, from non-halal job to a halal job, from living for dunya to living for akhira, and of course from unproductivity to productivity!

That is of course how we should understand Hijrah. It is not about leaving a city to another, but leaving a lifestyle to another.

Thank you and may Allah bless your heart.

1 sœur
13/01/2012, 13h50
Exactly. I often say that a lot of what the prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam taught us was not meant to be a one off, but an example to follow in life. The fasting is not only about leaving food and drink for daytime, but about withholding yourself from its desires. Hajj is not about travelling to a place and turning 7 times around a cubic building but about abandoning everything for God, going to a place where you dedicate all your time for God, and you humiliate yourself for God, by leaving proper knitted clothes and head cover.

:):):)

Barak allahou fik

ashequemahmud
17/02/2012, 11h01
do you know the real meaning of hejrat, boss? Hejrat does not means migrate only. It's significance is great. It means
1.Cut off all mutul relations with kafer.
2. Cut off religious relations with them.
3.Migrate from their area when their torture is unbearable.

1 sœur
17/02/2012, 13h28
1.Cut off all mutul relations with kafer. .

I dont't agree with you ...........