PDA

Voir la version complète : 5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project

Sami Yusuf Islam
26/02/2012, 01h05
5 ways to motivate yourself to study a boring subject and/or complete a project
August 6th, 2009 by Jane - strongly summarized.

‘How do I get motivated to study?’ is one question I am constantly asked by students.

1. Make every thought serve you and move you forward

Replace thoughts such as ‘I can’t do this’ and ‘My writing sucks’ with ‘I’m making progress’ and ‘I’m doing the best I can and my writing will evolve and get better. This is a work in progress!’.

2. Visualise yourself taking action

Practice visualising yourself taking the actions that need to be taken (e.g. see yourself typing up your work on your laptop, organising your files and being able to access articles/materials with ease).

3. Small actions add up

Often we can get bogged down and feel overwhelmed/stressed by the enormity of the things we need to do (e.g. writing an 11,000 word thesis). I had to regularly remind myself that even if I wrote only one sentence each day, eventually all those sentences were going to add up to my 11,000 word limit.

4. Get some comrades and spend time with them

There’s something really comforting and energising about spending time with others who are going through or have gone through the same painful experience as you.

5. Remind yourself that this won’t go on forever