PDA

Voir la version complète : How Well Do You Know Yourself??

Page : [1] 2

ashequemahmud
08/03/2012, 05h03
No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

In my own case, I realized (albeit a year or two back) that my eating pattern was quite different from what I believed it to be. For a long while I was under the impression that I would overeat when I was in a normal/happy mood..however, it turns out that I am prone to overeating when I am depressed/dejected.

Let's suppose a scale of 1 through 10, with 1 being "utterly broken" and 10 being "on a real high" -- I would then say that at 1 and 2 I would be starving myself, 3-5 I would be overeating, and 6-10 I would be eating "normally".

Why I believe this is important (at least to me) is that it made me realize that I am not in tune with my own self, which basically translates into having no idea even about my own personality, and makes me wonder how much of one's life (= acts/beliefs/choices) is based on an incorrect perception of the self.

....so how well do you suppose that you know yourself?

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,
la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi
there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;
there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

AmatAlJalil
08/03/2012, 07h47
salam alaikoum wa rahmatoullahi wa barakatouh,

soubHanAllah, yesterday,Iwanted to talk about this topic because I wondered if it was possible to really know our self ! people often don't understand me so I think I should have to know my self to be able to introduce me to the others.
When you knwo someone, you think you can guess how he will react , then I think we must meditate about our reactions in the event of joy, jealousy,anger, satisfaction etc , etc and honestly ( that's the most important) ask to our self " why did I react like this?"
It stirs the soul and enlighten it.
The Holy prophet :sws: said , the muslim is a mirror for his muslim brother, so we have to care about our relations in a part and we have to meditate in the solitude in a other part,
but it's not enougth, because we feel there is another thing, but what ?

why are you talking about food ?

ashequemahmud
09/03/2012, 13h04
salam alaikoum wa rahmatoullahi wa barakatouh,

soubHanAllah, yesterday,Iwanted to talk about this topic because I wondered if it was possible to really know our self ! people often don't understand me so I think I should have to know my self to be able to introduce me to the others.
When you knwo someone, you think you can guess how he will react , then I think we must meditate about our reactions in the event of joy, jealousy,anger, satisfaction etc , etc and honestly ( that's the most important) ask to our self " why did I react like this?"
It stirs the soul and enlighten it.
The Holy prophet :sws: said , the muslim is a mirror for his muslim brother, so we have to care about our relations in a part and we have to meditate in the solitude in a other part,
but it's not enougth, because we feel there is another thing, but what ?

why are you talking about food ?
If you say a cat sitting in the dust that there are some fishes
in the boneplate.He will don't react because he couldn't understand
what you said.But when he can smell something he will react.
Thus i am only trying to smell the good things.Someone will smell.
Someone will not.

AmatAlJalil
09/03/2012, 13h59
assalam alaikoum wa rahmatoullahi wa barakatouh,

ans why do you talk to the cat sitting in the dust about the fish , of course ,he doesn't understand,
I don't mean the reaction to the language, there is nothing to be understood as the communication by the words,
but I mean, the situations,
I think , that if I want to know my self I have to take my sensations ans my reactions on the situations as they are coming, and put them in front of me, in the nude,
without finding out it's bad or good, or stupid or rational just I say "that what I am",
it is very very hard, because the self is hostile , it is against .

The Full Moon
10/03/2012, 23h31
assalam alaikoum wa rahmatoullahi wa barakatouh,

ans why do you talk to the cat sitting in the dust about the fish , of course ,he doesn't understand,
I think , that if I want to know my self I have to take my sensations ans my reactions on the situations as they are coming, and put them ....
it is very very hard, because the self is hostile , it is against .

Dear Sister

Just a friendly advise: you are writing (ans) when you mean (and),changing this one letter will help us understand your posts.

As for the last sentence "it is against" it is not a complete sentence, I wonder what is the rest of it? the self is against..... (what).

Salam

AmatAlJalil
11/03/2012, 00h38
salam alaikoum,
Yes, you 're right, my english is very bad and my fingers are skidding on the keyboard, but you have to understand like me , when I read french sentences whith a lot of mistakes, I have to guess and guess, and guess again
I mean the "nefs" is against the true of ourself,
I don't know if I am talking about the same thing than you , explain yourself a few more about your thought.

The Full Moon
11/03/2012, 00h50
Wa 3alaykomu-ssalam

Dear Sister

I do understand your points when you write most of the time, but if we can omit the little mistakes that will 1)improve our language 2) improve our understanding.
We can just advise each other, and the choice is all yours at the end.

But - I hope you will understand- when you leave the sentence incomplete.. that when I need to tell you that the purpose behind the use of the language was not met because I did not understand your point. I believe that in your mind you understand it but when chose the words and used them you missed that point, because it was not clear to us to understand it.

I am thankful that you are taking part in this forum and wish you will continue on contributing.

Salam

AmatAlJalil
11/03/2012, 00h58
assalam aleykoum ,
you are english? do you understand french also? do you read french posts?

I'm sorry I said "I don't know if I am talking about the same thing than you , explain yourself a few more about your thought"

and I didn't see you pseudo so I thought I was answering to ashequemahoud

then I ask you, how do you think we can know our self ?

The Full Moon
11/03/2012, 01h09
assalam aleykoum ,
you are english? do you understand french also? do you read french posts?

I'm sorry I said "I don't know if I am talking about the same thing than you , explain yourself a few more about your thought"

and I didn't see you pseudo so I thought I was answering to ashequemahoud

then I ask you, how do you think we can know our self ?

Dear

I am not English, and no I do not read french posts because I am learning it and when I am capable of understanding it I will.

Personally, I do not understand the question : do you know yourself? I need to know first the answer to "how a person can not know himself"?

Salam

AmatAlJalil
11/03/2012, 01h19
for exemple, a person can be surprised by his capacities, or by his reaction, or likes and dislikes,
and sometimes the others say "you are like this , you are not like that"
so,we can ask ourself what is "me" in fact, you see?
the tests that Allah send us in the live are bringing out the hidden realities about us, and we have to meditate about this, don't you think so ?