Assalamû'aleykûm wa rahmatûLah wa barakatuh :^)

و صلاة و سلم على رسول الله

ﷺ ﷺ ﷺ

'You find dogs biting humans from time to time, but have you ever found a human biting a dog?'

By Sayyidi Shaykh al-Imam Salah el-Din al-Tijani al-Hassani (may Allah be pleased with him and please him well and benefit us by him)

It is inevitable to find some ignorant people in every age and in every place who – through Iblīs making their deeds fairseeming unto them – would assail the Prophets and the folk of knowledge and sainthood (wilāyah) and this is the established way of Allah which had taken course before.
For “The learned ones are the heirs of the Prophets”, and of the things they inherit is the station of ‘being denied’ as well as the station of ‘getting killed’: “… and kill the Prophets without right and kill those of mankind who enjoin equity”,.

Allah, Exalted and Glorified is He, ordered His Messenger ﷺ to ignore these ignorant, envious and spiteful ones and preoccupy himself ﷺ with Him ﷻ, for Allah ﷻ is Jealous and Protective of the hearts of His righteous servants.

Moreover, Allah ﷻ assigns some of His soldiers to protect His servant from the evil of these spiteful and ignorant ones. Illnesses are soldiers of His and so are calamities and afflictions.

In the Hadīth Quddsī, Allah ﷻ says, “Whosoever shows enmity to a wali (saint) of Mine, then I have declared war against him”,.

In general, any person who hurts another with his tongue or his hand opens the vault of his hassanāt (good deeds) for the latter. The one who was assailed can now scoop up of these hassanāt as he pleases. If the attacker’s good deeds fall short to clear the account, the sins of the assailed one will be added to the account of the attacker.

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, “Do you know who is the bankrupt?”. They said: “The bankrupt among us is one who has neither money with him nor any property”. He ﷺ said, “The real bankrupt of my Ummah would be he who would come on the Day of Resurrection with prayer, fasting and palm-giving, (but he will find himself bankrupt on that day as he will have exhausted the good deeds) because he reviled others, brought calumny against others, unlawfully devoured the wealth of others, shed the blood of others and beat others; so his good deeds would be credited to the account of those (who suffered at his hand). If his good deeds fall short to clear the account, their sins would be entered in his account and he would be thrown in the (Hell) Fire”,.

This is the why the truly righteous ones - throughout history – not only loves those who hurt them – for they are a source of great good for them – but they don’t mention them except in a favorable light. And if they ever lived in a place where no one troubled or hurt them, they would depart it to another.

When Allah ﷻ wants to favor His servant, He ﷻ will have him attacked even after his passing. He is attacked while in his grave and this will be counted for him as a continuous charity (sadaqah jāriyah).

You find dogs biting humans from time to time, but have you ever found a human biting a dog?

Allah, The Exalted, said in praising the righteous ones, “… and the pardoners of people”,.
‘Anas ibn Mālik, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said,
“Is one of you helpless to be like Abu Damdam?”
“Who is Abu Damdam, O Messenger of Allah?”, the people asked.

He ﷺ replied, “A man of old before you who would say every morning, ‘O Allah, I give my soul and my honor for You . Then, he would not insult those who insult him, he would not be unjust with those who treated him unjustly, and he would not beat those who beat him”,.