Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 16

Discussion: Moulay Idriss, The Imamate of Ahl-ul-Bayt in al Maghrib after the massacre in the battle of Fakhkh against the Zaydi Revolt (169/786)

Modérateur Sermenté Avatar de talib abdALLAH

Par défaut Moulay Idriss, The Imamate of Ahl-ul-Bayt in al Maghrib after the massacre in the battle of Fakhkh against the Zaydi Revolt (169/786)

اَلحَمدُلِلهِ رَبِ العَلَمِينَ ؕ وَالصَّلَوةُ وَ السَّلَامُ عَلَى سَيِـّـدِ المُرسَلِين
    اَمَّا بَعدُ فَاَعُوذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيطَنِ الرَّجِيمِ

بِسمِ اللهِ الرَّحمَنِ الرَّحِيم

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله تعالى وبركاته

Asalamu 3alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Moulay Idriss,

The Imamate of Ahl-ul-Bayt in al-Maghrib

after the massacre in the battle of Fakhkh

against the Zaydi Revolt

The Idrissid Dynasty: Establishers of the First Islamic State of Imamate with the Capital in Fez

"The (Islamic) religion will continue until the Hour, having Twelve Caliphs for you, all of them will be from Quraysh." (Sahih Bukhari: 89.329 2; Sahih Muslim: 20:4477; Tirmidhi 2:45; Ahmad 1:398)

There are within Moroccan style of Islam three major types of legitimation: the Quran (including its extension by the Hadithsayings of the Holy Prophet), the consensus of the community (Ummah), and the line of succession (wirata). The Quran is repository of the divine word, publicly available, not incarnated in any one person, group, institution, or policy, and hence capable of sitting in judgement on any one of them. Another important form of legitimation is the consensus of the community. In Islam, this approach has complemented rather than opposed the Quran. Legitimacy of the community was invoked only for the supplementing of divine truth by interpretation where interpretation was required, rather than as an independent and equally powerful source. In practise, the Quran required scholars (ulama) to read it and consensus to interpret it, and hence, concretely speaking, the authority of the ulama as religious scholars, and that of the community as interpreters of the Words, were in harmony. But there is a third type of legitimation within Moroccan Islam, that of succession. Succession can be either physical or spiritual, and sometimes one genealogical line may employ both physical and spiritual links. Therefore, the aspect of sharifism concerns the relative valuation of ascribed (mawhub) versus acquired form of status (maksub); {Verily Allah intends to keep off from you every kind of uncleanness O People of the House (Ahl al-Bayt), and purify you with a perfect purification} (Quran 33:33). The belief that descent from the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him and his family) is a necessary and sufficient proof of religious or political authority was widely accepted by Muslims after his departure. This practice developed in Morocco as the result of the career of Imam Idriss b. Imam Abd Allah al-Kamil b. Imam Hassan al-Rida b. Imam Hassan al-Mujtaba b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib and Sayyida Fatima al-Zahra (peace be upon them).

Dernière modification par talib abdALLAH ; 08/09/2019 à 19h26.

Par défaut

The Role of Imam Zayd 'Ruh al-Islam' ("The Spirit of Islam"; 74/692-122/740): The Spiritual Teacher of Imam Idriss and his Brothers

The Holy Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) once looked at Zayd b. Harithah, cried, and said "The martyr in the sake of Allah, The crucified of my people, The oppressed from my progeny, his name is thus." Then the Holy Prophet pointed at Zayd b. Harithah and said: "Come closer to me, your name became more dear to me because it is the same as my dear child (Zayd.)"

Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (d.114/743) narrated: "The Holy Prophet put his sacred hand on Hussayn bin Ali's back and said: 'O Hussayn, it will not be long until a man will be born among your descendants. He will be called Zayd ; he will be killed as a martyr. On the day of resurrection, he and his companions will enter heaven, setting their feet on the necks of the people.'"

Since the martyrdom of Imam Hussayn b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib (peace be upon both of them) in 61/680 in Karbala, Iraq the authority of the Caliphate in the Muslim world had been compromised by Ahl al-Bayt. It was not until the era of
    Imam Zayd b. Ali b. Hussayn b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib (peace be upon them) that there was a real constituted effort to reclaim the right to Caliphate. Imam Zayd rebelled against the Umayyad Caliph Hicham he felt was unjust. It is here where many parallels with the life of his more famous grandfather, Imam Hussayn, begin. Imam Zayd, following the footsteps of his grandfather Imam Hussayn, thought that an Imam should fight oppression. Instead of watching the Muslims stay under a ruler he considered oppressive and ignorant (Hisham), he called for many people to follow him and fight.

Historians record that when Hisham ibn Abd al-Malik became the caliph, he committed many atrocities. With regard to the Bani Hashim, he was particularly cruel. At last, Zayd ibn ‘Ali, well known as a great scholar and a pious theologian, went to see the caliph to seek redress for the grievances of the Bani Hashim. As soon as Zayd arrived, the caliph, instead of greeting him as a direct descendant of the prophet, abused him with such abominable language that it can not be repeated. Because of this disgraceful treatment, Zayd left Syria for Madina, and then to Kufa
    in Southern Iraq, where he raised an army against the Bani Umayyad. This is the second greatest movement in the history of Islam after Karbala event.

The Three Days Battle of Kufa: The Greatest Uprising after Karbala

Imam Zayd, with the experience of his grandfather and his grandfather began to put together a military force that would fight against the military force that the Umayyad dynasty represented whatever the consequences were going to be. Imam Zayd began seeking followers for his revolt, and found 20.000 supporters among the people of Kufa. Kufa had previously been the capital of his great-grandfather Imam Ali, and the place where his grandfather Imam Hussayn also sought support for his own rebellion in 680. There were thousands and tens of thousands of people who said to him:

"We will support you. Our swords are with you. You have tens of thousands of fighters on your side."

Imam Zayd moved to Kufa and spent more than a year among the tribes in the region, gathering further support. The Umayyad governor of Kufa, however, learned of the plot, and commanded the people to gather at the great mosque, locked them inside and began a search for Imam Zayd. Imam Zayd with some troops fought his way to the mosque and called on people to come out. However, in events that echoed Hussayn's own abandonment by the Kufans decades earlier, the bulk of Imam Zayd's supporters deserted him and joined the Umayyads, leaving Imam Zayd with only a few dozen outnumbered followers. The Kufans gave Imam Zayd the bay'ah to abide by the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger; to be responsible for a jihad against the usurpers; to be responsible for supporting the wretches; to provide for those who are denied; to distribute the revenue of the Islamic treasury among the Muslims and to support the position of the Ahl al-Bayt against their opposition.Part of this is the guilt that they felt for the way they treated Imam Ali and Imam Hussayn!

During this time, there were many scholars from different stances who were supportive of Imam Zayd, such as Imam Abu Hanifa, the founder of the known Sunni school of jurisprudence; Wasil ibn Ata' and Ubaid ibn Amr, who are the main figures of the Mu'tazilah; and Sufyan al-Thawri of the Kufan Sufi school. Imam Zayd, or what later became known as al-Zaydiyah is identified very closely and they are almost synonymous with al-Mu'tazilah. On the major issues of Usul Ad-Din, they are counterparts of each other. They agreed on so many things that on the issues of: (1) the unity of God; (2) divine justice; (3) the promise and the threat; (4) the intermediate position; and (5) the commanding of good and forbidding of evil (
    al-amr bil ma'ruf wa al-nahy 'an al munkar), that it is very difficult to distinguish between these two contexts. Imam Abu Hanifa gave his bay'ah to Imam Zayd .In addition to that, he contributed 10,000 dirhams in support of the force that Imam Zayd (as) had, and in Abu Hanifa's words,

"The revolt of Imam Zayd against the Umawids as similar to the military campaign of the Holy Prophet at Badr."

In addition to Kufa, Imam Zayd had communiqués of support from the rest of the areas. Hijaz was on his side, Mada'in, Basra, Mosul, Rai, and Khurasan. But obviously these are far away areas and when the clash occurs, it is going to be in Kufa. He was physically in Kufa with the internal support of the people of Southern Iraq and the extended support from the outlying areas all around. He was also advised, just like his predecessors were advised, "Don't rely on these people!" But Imam Zayd said to them in the spirit of the Quran and the Sunnah:

"The excesses and the injustices of the Umayyads have become so much that we cannot stop here any longer!"

The Umayyad at that time had its informers inside Kufa and they knew that Imam Zayd was planning to clash with them on a certain day, so they accelerated that time by a week. In other words, they wanted this clash to happen one week before Imam Zayd had planned this confrontation to take place. The Umayyad deployed 12,000 soldiers under the governor of Kufa, Yusuf ibn 'Umar al-Thaqafi, preempting the date for which all of this is planned, Imam Zayd looks around and says "How many do we have?" He counts the people around him and he finds that there are only 218!

It is necessary also to understand the wise, uniting type of idea that Imam Zayd managed to defeat the Umayyad propaganda, because the Umayyad rulers were thriving on the divisions among the Muslims. One of the dividing and separating issues that still exists concerns the successors to God’s Apostle (peace and blessing be upon him): Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Imam Ali. One side said that Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman usurped the right of Imam Ali, and, the other side, countered that with their own argument that Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman at that time, deserved to be in those positions more than Imam Ali, and this issue went way down from that time to the simple or average people everywhere, and because of this schism, the Umayyad felt comfortable. They could play sides against each other even though they were facing popular agitation and revolts. The revolts that were to come after Imam Zayd that were along the course of Imam Zayd were 24 revolts, not to speak about the Khawarij and others. In the middle of this schismatic division, the people of Kufa asked Imam Zayd to condemn unconditionally the early caliphs preceding Imam Ali.

They told him: "“Free yourself from Abu Bakr and Umar so that we can aid you!” He said: “Rather, I will give allegiance to them (uwalihim) for they were the in-laws and ministers of my Grandfather (peace and blessing be upon him and his family).

they said, “Then we reject you” so then it was said to them, “ar-Raafidah” (the rejectors)))

Imam Zayd said: "I have never heard anyone from my parents disowning them, nor saying anything (about them) but good." But the folk were not satisfied of what they heard and sought to withdrew their support from Imam Zayd, and resolve the bonds and covenants they gave him. To that Imam Zayd reacted: "The most what I can say of what you mentioned is that we (Ahl al-Bayt) were more entitled of the authority (sultan) of the Messenger of God (may Allah bless him and his family) from all the people, but, we do not view the people who singled themselves out (Abu Bakr and Umar), and pushed us from it as disbelievers. Verily, when they were elected, they ruled justly, and worked by the Book and the Sunnah." They said: "If those (Abu Bakr and Umar) have not being unjust to you, then these (Banu Umayyah) are not unjust to you!" He said to them: These people (Banu Umayyah) are unjust to me, to you, and to themselves, and I am calling you to the Book of God and the Sunnah of His Apostle (peace and blessing be upon him and his family), to renew (the Apostle's) traditions and quench the bad innovations. So, if you answer (us), you will become happy, and, if you reject (us), "I am not a guardian over you." So they deserted him and broke they oath, and said to him: "If you do not free yourself from them, we will reject you!"

Thereof, the Rejectors claimed that the right to the Imamate has passed from his brother Imam Muhammad al-Baqir, and of his bequest of trusteeship (wasiyya), at his death, to his son Abu 'Abd Allah Jaafar al-Sadiq).

He told them: Choose whether you fight with me and swear allegiance to me in the way Ali, al-Hassan and al-Hussayn was sworn allegiance to them, or you help me with your hands, and shut your mouth against any statement of disobedience to me?" They said: "We shall not". The Imam Zayd went, "God is Great! You are the 'Rejectors' my Grandfather (peace and blessing be upon him and his family) has mentioned: "There will be after me some people that would reject jihad with the Righteous of my Household, and they will say: we don't have to command good and forbid evil, they imitate their religion, and follow the desires of their ego." Then the Imam raised his hands to the sky, and prayed His Lord to curse them, saying: "O God! May Your curse, and that of my fathers and ancestors, and that of my own, be upon those who rejected me and broke their allegiance to me just as the people of Harawra' rejected Ali b. Abi Talib until they fought with him."

Imam Zayd bitterly scolds the Rejectors (al-Rafidha) who deserted him, an appellation used by the Muslims to describe non-Zaydis to this day. Imam Zayd was the first spiritual leader to stipulate that imamate is open to any learned and pious member of Ahl al-Bayt who asserts his claim publicly through khuruj (rebellion or uprising). Thus whoever has followed this doctrine among Ahl al-Bayt and their supports and lovers he is called "Zaydi"! After they rejected Imam Zayd, the people of Kufa led to a lasting division of the followers of the teaching of Ahl al-Bayt (Shi‘a) into a radical and a moderate wing in terms of their religious break with the Muslim community. The Zaydiyya as a doctrine has emphasises philosophy and rationalism rather than textual literalism. The followers of Imam Zayd today have very little difference from the four Sunni schools. In practice, later Zaydi imamates demonstrated tolerance for Malikism in Morocco, Shafi'asm in Yemen, and Hanbalism in Kufa.

Thus the Kufans backed Imam Zayd’s nephew Jaafar al-Sadiq as their imam.

That first day, the followers of Imam Zayd fought gallantly and they had the upper hand during that 1st day. Nevertheless, Imam Zayd fought on. The governor of Kufa, Yusuf ibn 'Umar al-Thaqafi came out with a huge army to face him. Imam Zayd recited the following war poem:

"Disgraceful life and honourable death: both are bitter morsels, but if one of them must be chosen, my choice is honourable death."
    His small band of followers was soundly defeated by the much larger Umayyad force, and Imam Zayd fell in battle to an arrow that pierced his forehead. The arrow's removal led to his death. He was killed in battle on the 2nd of Safar in 120 or 122 A.H. (740 A.D.) at the age of forty-eight. His son, Yahya, took his body from the field and buried him away from the city near the river bank, causing the water to flow over it. But the Umayyads were able to find the burial place, and, in retribution for the rebellion, exhumed Imam Zayd's body and crucified it.

Imam Zayd's head was cut off and sent to Hisham in Syria. In the month of Safar, 121 A.H., Hisham had the sacred body of this descendant of the Holy Prophet placed on the gallows entirely naked. For three years the sacred body remained on the gallows. Thereafter, when Walid Ibn Yazid ibn Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan became caliph in 126 A.H., he ordered that the skeleton be taken down from the gallows, burnt, and the ashes scattered to the wind, probably in order to prevent his gravesite from becoming an object of pilgrimage. When the Abbasids overthrew the Umayyads in 750, they in turn exhumed Hisham's body, crucified it, and burned it.

Dernière modification par talib abdALLAH ; 08/09/2019 à 19h48.

Par défaut

هو الإمام فاتح باب الجهاد والاجتهاد، الغاضب لله في الأرض، ومقيم أحكام السنة والفرض، أبو الحسين زيد بن علي سيد العابدين بن الحسين السبط، وهو أخو باقر علم الأنبياء، وهو مجدد المائة الأول. كان عليه السلام أول من سنَّ الخروجَ على أئمة الجور، وجرد السيف بعد الدعاء إلى الله؛ فمن حذا حذوه من أهل البيت عليهم السلام فهو زيدي، ومن تابعهم وصوبهم من الأمة فكذلك، ولم يتأخر عن زيدٍ إلاَّ الروافضُ، فهم أهل هذا الاسم. قال لهم: "اختاروا: إمَّا أن تقاتلوا معي، وتبايعوني على ما بويع عليه علي، والحسن، والحسين، أو تعينوني بسلاحكم، وتكفوا عَنِّي ألسنتكم." فقالوا: "لا نفعل". فقال: "الله أكبر، أنتم والله الروافض الذين ذكر جدي رسول الله: "سيكون من بعدي قوم يرفضون الجهاد مع الأخيار من أهل بيتي، ويقولون ليس عليهم أمر بمعروف، ولا نهي عن منكر، يقلدون دينهم، ويتبعون أهواءهم". ورفع يديه، فقال: "اللهم اجعل لعنتك، ولعنة آبائي وأجدادي، ولعنتي على هؤلاء الذين رفضوني، وخرجوا من بيعتي كما رفض أهلُ حروراء عليَّ ابن أبي طالب حتى حاربوه

The same man committed a similar atrocity to the body of Yahya ibn Zayd of Gürgan (in Azerbaijan) who was martyred in Juzjan and buried in Gürgan. This noble man also opposed the oppression of the Bani Umayyad. He too was martyred on the battlefield. His head was sent to Syria and, as in the case of his revered father, his body was hung on the gallows - for six years. Friend and foe alike wept at the sight. Wali al-din Abu Muslim al-Khurasani, who had risen against the Bani Umayyad on behalf of Bani 'Abbas, took his body down and buried it in Gürgan. In Sarakhs however, there is a site of pilgrimage at Miyami.

When a survivor of the initial battle of Zayd b. Ali came to Medina to report the death to his nephew, the Imam Jaafar al-Sadiq (d. 148/765) he reported the devastation of the Imam upon hearing the news:“

I went to see Imam as-Sadiq there. I thought I should not tell him about Zayd getting killed since the Imam might get upset. When I saw the Imam, he said, "What did my uncle Zayd do?" I got so upset I could hardly talk. I said, "They killed him." He said, "Did they kill him?"I said, "Yes. By God, they killed him." He asked, "Did they hang his corpse on the gallows?" I said, "Yes. By God, they hung his corpse on the gallows." The Imam started to cry and his tears were flowing down his face like pearls. Then the Imam said, "O Fudhayl! Were you present there in the battle with the people of Syria along with my uncle?" I said, "Yes." The Imam asked, "How many people did you kill?" I said, "Six of them." The Imam said, "Did you have any doubts about shedding their blood?" I said, "No, I would not have killed them if I had had any doubts." Then I heard the Imam say, "O God! Please give me a share of the reward for this battle! I swear by God that my uncle and his companions were martyrs just like Ali ibn Abi Talib and his companions!"

Imam Zayd was a revered and respected member of the Ahl al-Bayt. Scholars, Saints, Sufis and Imams alike, all spoke of him in respectable terms. Imam Zayd's brother Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (d. 114/743) spoke of him reverentially:

"No one of us was born to resemble Ali ibn Abi Taleb more than he did!"

Imam Abd Allah al-Kamil b. al-Hassan b. al-Hassan b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib (The father of Imam Mawlay Idriss), the disciple of Imam Zayd said:

"The figure who is between us and the people is Ali b. Abi Talib, and the figure who is between us and the Shia is Zayd b. Ali."

قال الإمام الكامل عبد الله بن الحسن: "العَلَم بيننا وبين الناس علي بن أبي طالب، والعلم بيننا وبين الشيعة زيد بن علي".

Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya b. 'Abd Allah b. al-Hassan b. al-Hassan b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib (“Master of the Pure Soul”; 145/730), who fought with his uncle Zayd in Kufa, and later led a blessed rebellion in Medina against the second Abbasid Caliph, Jaafar al-Mansur, has announced his involvement with the school of thought of the Imam, saying:

"By God, Zayd b. Ali is the renewer of the apostles' traditions after their deterioration, and the establisher of the pillar of Islam after its deviation. We shall only take from his light, and, verily, Zayd is the Imam of Imams!"

قال الإمام محمد بن عبد الله النفس الزكية: "أما والله لقد أحيا زيد بن علي ما دثر من سنن المرسلين، وأقام عمود الدين إذْ اعوج، ولن نقتبس إلا من نوره، وزيد إمام الأئمة".

Imam Jaafar Sadiq's love for his uncle Imam Zayd was immense. Upon receiving and reading the letter of Imam Zayd ibn Ali's death he broke down and cried uncontrollably, and proclaimed aloud:

“From God we are and to Him is our return. I ask God for my reward in this calamity. He was a really good uncle. My uncle was a man for our world and for our Hereafter. I swear by God that my uncle is a martyr just like the martyrs who fought along with God’s Prophet, or Ali, or al-Hassan, or al-Hussayn.”

Furthermore, he set apart a thousand dinars of his own money for the families of Imam Zayd's followers who were killed with him.
    Imam Ali al-Ridha (d. 203/818) spoke of him respectfully:

“He (Zayd bin Ali) was one of the scholars from the Household of Muhammad and got angry for the sake of the Honorable the Exalted God. He fought with the enemies of God until he got killed in His path. My father Musa ibn Jaafar narrated that he had heard his father Jaafar ibn Muhammad say, "May God bless my uncle Zayd... He consulted with me about his uprising and I told him, "O my uncle! Do this if you are pleased with being killed and your corpse being hung up from the gallows in the al-Konasa neighborhood." After Zayd left, As-Sadiq said, "Woe be to those who hear his call but do not help him!".

Imam Abu Hanifa, the founder of the largest school of Sunni jurisprudence, gave financial support to Imam Zayd's revolt and called on others to join his rebellion. Once said about Imam Zayd,

"I met with Zayd and I never saw in his generation a person more knowledgeable, as quick a thinker, or more eloquent than he was."

The Sufi scholar, Mujtahid and mystic, Sufyan al-Thawri respected Imam Zayd's knowledge and character, saying:

"Zayd took the place of Imam al-Hussayn. He was the most versed human concerning Allah’s holy book. I affirm: women have not given birth to the likes of Zayd.."

The famous ascetic Caliph Umar b. Abd al-Aziz was the then Governor of Madinah during the reign of al-Walid and Sulayman and was also an associate of Imam Zayd ibn Ali. Imam Zayd continued to correspond and advise him when he became khalifah.

It is worth mentioning that he is also the first narrator of the famous "Sahifah as-Sajjãdiyya" of his father Imam Zayn al-'Abidin. Several works of hadith, theology, and Quranic exegesis are attributed to him. The first work of Islamic jurisprudence "Mujmu' al-Fiqh" is attributed to him. The only surviving hand-written manuscript of this work dating back to at least a thousand years is preserved in the pope's library, Bibliotheca Vaticana in Vatican City under "Vaticani Arabi". Photocopies of this rare work are available in several libraries including the Library of the University of Birmingham, UK. He was an excellent orator and spent much of his life learning and educating others. It is said of his brother Imam al-Baqir wanted to test his brother on the Quranic knowledge, asking him various questions for which he received answers beyond his expectation, causing to him to remark,

"For our father and mother’s life! You are one of a kind. God grace your mother who gave you birth, she gave birth to a replica of your forefathers!"

Par défaut

الإمام إدريس زيدي المذهب كباقي إخوته الأئمة رضوان الله عليهم

لما ظهرت الضلالات، وانتشرت الظلمات، وتفرقت الأهواء، وتشتت الآراء في أيام الأموية ـ وإن كان قد نجم الخلاف في هذه الأمة من بعد وفاة الرسول صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم إلا أنها عظمت الفتن وجَلَّت المحن في هذه الدولة ـ، وصار متلبساً بالإسلام من ليس من أهله، وادعاه من لا يحوم حوله، وقام لرحضِ الدين، وتجديد ما أتى به رسول رب العالمين الإمام زيد بن علي يقدم طائفة من أهل بيته وأوليائهم، وهي الطائفة التي وعد الله الأمة على لسان نبيها صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم أنها لن تزال على الحق ظاهرة، تقاتل عليه إلى يوم الدين. أعلن أهل البيت صلوات الله عليهم الإعتزاء إلى الإمام زيد بن علي بمعنى أنهم يدينون الله بما يدينه، من: التوحيد، والعدل، والإمامة ؛ ليظهروا للعباد ما يدعونهم إليه من دين الله القويم، وصراطه المستقيم، وكان قد أقام الحجة، وأبان المحجة، بعد آبائه صلوات الله عليهم، فاختاروه علماً بينهم وبين أمة جدهم. قال الإمام الكامل عبد الله بن الحسن (والد الإمام إدريس): "العَلَم بيننا وبين الناس علي بن أبي طالب، والعلم بيننا وبين الشيعة زيد بن علي". وقال ابنه الإمام محمد بن عبد الله النفس الزكية
    (
    أخو الإمام إدريس
    )
    : "أما والله لقد أحيا زيد بن علي ما دثر من سنن المرسلين، وأقام عمود الدين إذْ اعوج، ولن نقتبس إلا من نوره، وزيد إمام الأئمة". وجاء عن الإمام زيد بن علي أنه قال: "إن الإمام منا أهل البيت المفروض علينا وعليكم وعلى المسلمين من شهر سيفه ودعا إلى كتاب ربه وسنة نبيه وجرى على أحكامه وعرف بذلك، فذلك الإمام الذي لا تسعنا وإياكم جهالته. فأما عبد جالس في بيته، مرخٍ عليه ستره، مغلق عليه بابه تجري عليه أحكام الظالمين لا يأمر بمعروف ولا ينهى عن منكر؛ فأنى يكون ذلك إماماً مفروضة طاعته؟" وقال حين خفقت عليه الرايات: "الحمد لله الذي أكمل لي ديني، والله ما يسرني أني لقيت محمداً صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم ولم آمر في أمته بمعروف، ولم أنههم عن منكر، والله ما أبالي إذا قمت بكتاب الله وسنة نبيه أنه تأجج لي نار، ثم قذفت فيها، ثم صرت بعد ذلك إلى رحمة الله، والله لا ينصرني أحد إلا كان في الرفيق الأعلى، مع محمد وعلي وفاطمة والحسن والحسين، ويحكم أما ترون هذا القرآن بين أظهركم، جاء به محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم ونحن بنوه، يا معاشر الفقهاء ويا أهل الحجا أنا حجة الله عليكم". ومما روى الحسين بن علي بن أبي طالب عليهم السلام، قال: أخبرني أبي، قال: قال جدي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله، قال:"إنه سيخرج منا رجل يقال له زيد، فينتهب ملك السلطان، فيقتل، ثم يصعد بروحه إلى السماء الدنيا، فيقول له النبين: جزى الله نبيك عنا أفضل الجزاء كما شهد لنا بالبلاغ، وأقول أنا: أقررت عيني يا بني، وأديت عني، ثم يذهب بروحه من سماء إلى سماء حتى ينتهي به إلى الله عز وجل، ويجيء أصحابه يوم القيامة يتخللون أعناق الناس بأيديهم أمثال الطوامير، فيقال: هؤلاء خلف الخلف، ودعاة الحق إلى رب العالمين."
    وخطب أمير المؤمنين علي بن أبي طالب عليه السلام على منبر الكوفة، فذكر أشياء وفتناً، حتى قال: (ثم يملك هشام تسع عشرة سنة، وتواريه أرض رصافة، رصفت عليه النار، مالي ولهشام جبار عنيد، قاتل ولدي الطيب المطيب، لا تأخذه رأفة ولا رحمة، يصلب ولدي بكناسة الكوفة، (زيد) في الذروة الكبرى من الدرجات العلى، فإن يقتل زيد، فعلى سنة أبيه، ثم الوليد فرعون خبيث، شقي غير سعيد، ياله من مخلوع قتيل، فاسقها وليد، وكافرها يزيد، وطاغوتها أزيرق)..إلى آخر كلامه صلوات الله عليه.
    وفيه، عن محمد بن الحنفية، أنه قال: "سيصلب منا رجل يقال له زيد في هذا الموضع ـ يعني موضعاً بالكوفة يقال له الْكُنَاسُ ـ، لم يسبقه الأولون ولا الآخرون فضلاً. وفيه، عن محمد بن علي بن الحسين باقر العلم، أن قوماً وفدوا إليه فقالوا: يا ابن رسول الله، إن أخاك زيداً فينا، وهو يسألنا البيعة، أفنبايعه ؟ فقال لهم محمد: بايعوه، فإنه اليوم أفضلنا.وعنه أيضاً: أنه اجتمع زيد ومحمد في مجلس فتحدثوا، ثم قام زيد فمضى، فأتبعه محمد بصره، ثم قال: لقد أنجبت أمك يا زيد. وفيه ما قال جعفر بن محمد الصادق ـ رحمة الله عليه ـ لَّمَّا أراد زيد الخروج إلى الكوفة من المدينة ؛ قال له جعفر: أنا معك يا عم. فقال له زيد: أو ما علمت يا ابن أخي أن قائمنا لقاعدنا وقاعدنا لقائمنا، فإذا خرجت أنا وأنت فمن يخلفنا في حرمنا، فتخلف جعفر بأمر عمه زيد. وعن جعفر أيضاً لما أراد يحيى بن زيد اللحوق إلى أبيه، قال له ابن عمه جعفر: أقرئه عني السلام، وقل له: فإني أسأل الله أن ينصرك ويبقيك، ولا يرينا فيك مكروهاً، وإن كنت أزعم أني عليك إمام فأنا مشرك. وعنه أيضاً لما جاءه خبر قتل أبي قرة الصقيل بين يدي زيد بن علي، تلا هذه الآية: {وَمَنْ يَخْرُجْ مِنْ بَيْتِهِ مُهَاجِرًا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ يُدْرِكْهُ الْمَوْتُ فَقَدْ وَقَعَ أَجْرُهُ عَلَى اللَّهِ} [النساء:100]، رحم الله أبا قرة. وعنه أيضاً لما جاءه خبر قتل حمزة بين يدي زيد بن علي تلا هذه الآية: {رِجَالٌ صَدَقُوا مَا عَاهَدُوا اللَّهَ عَلَيْهِ فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ قَضَى نَحْبَهُ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَنْتَظِرُ وَمَا بَدَّلُوا تَبْدِيلاً} [الأحزاب:32]. وعنه لما جاءه قتل عمه زيد وأصحابه، قال: ذهب والله زيد بن علي كما ذهب علي بن أبي طالب والحسن والحسين وأصحابهم شهداء إلى الجنة، التابع لهم مؤمن، والشاك فيهم ضال، والراد عليهم كافر. وإنما فرَّق بين زيدٍ وجعفرٍ قومٌ كانوا بايعوا زيد بن علي، فَلَّمَّا بلغهم أن سلطان الكوفة يطلب من بايع زيداً ويعاقبهم، خافوا على أنفسهم فخرجوا من بيعة زيد ورفضوه مخافةً من هذا السلطان، ثم لم يدروا بِمَ يحتجون على من لامهم وعاب عليهم فعلهم، فقالوا بالوصية حينئذ، فقالوا: كانت الوصية من علي بن الحسين إلى ابنه محمد، ومن محمد إلى جعفر، ليموهوا به على الناس، فضلوا وأضلوا كثيراً، وضلوا عن سواء السبيل، اتبعوا أهواء أنفسهم، وآثروا الدنيا على الآخرة، وتبعهم على قولهم من أحب البقاء وكره الجهاد في سبيل الله.ثم جاء قوم من بعد أولئك فوجدوا كلاماً مرسوماً في كتب ودفاتر، فأخذوا بذلك على غير تمييز ولا برهان، بل كابروا عقولهم، ونسبوا فعلهم هذا إلى الأخيار منهم؛ من ولد رسول الله عليه وعليهم السلام، كما نسبت الحشوية ما روت من أباطيلها وزور أقاويلها إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم، ليثبت لهم باطلهم على من اتخذوه مأكلة لهم، وجعلوهم خدماً وخولاً، كما قال الله عز وجل في أشباههم: {فَخَلَفَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ خَلْفٌ وَرِثُوا الْكِتَابَ يَأْخُذُونَ عَرَضَ هَذَا الأَدْنَى وَيَقُولُونَ سَيُغْفَرُ لَنَا وَإِنْ يَأْتِهِمْ عَرَضٌ مِثْلُهُ يَأْخُذُوهُ أَلَمْ يُؤْخَذْ عَلَيْهِمْ مِيثَاقُ الْكِتَابِ أَنْ لا يَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ إِلاَّ الْحَقَّ وَدَرَسُوا مَا فِيهِ} [الأعراف:169]. وكذلك هؤلاء الذين رفضوا زيد بن علي وتركوه، ثم لم يرضوا بما أتوا من الكبائر؛ حتى نسبوا ذلك إلى المصطفين من آل الرسول؛ فلما كان فعلهم على ما ذكرنا، سماهم حينئذ زيد روافض، قال نشوان الحميري في كتابه الحور العين في ذكر الرافضة ما لفظه: فقال لهم زيد: إن أبا بكر وعمر ليسا كهؤلاء هؤلاء ظالمون لكم ولأنفسهم ولأهل بيت نبيهم، وإنما أدعوكم إلى كتاب الله ليعمل به وإلى السنة أن يعمل بها، وإلى البدع أن تطفأ، وإلى الظَّلَمة من بني أمية أن تخلع وتنفى، فإن أجبتم سعدتم وإن أبيتم خسرتم ولست عليكم بوكيل، قالوا: إن برئت منهما وإلا رفضناك، فقال زيد: الله أكبر، حدثني أبي عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم قال لعلي عليه السلام: "إنه سيكون قدوم يدَّعون حبنا لهم نبز فإذا لقيتموهم فاقتلوهم فإنهم مشركون" اذهبوا فإنكم الرافضة ففارقوا زيداً يومئذ فسماهم الرافضة فجرى عليهم هذا الاسم.

Par défaut

The Revolt of Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya (d. 145/730)

"By God, Zayd b. Ali is the renewer of the apostles' traditions after their deterioration, and the establisher of the pillar of Islam after its deviation. We shall only take from his light, and, verily, Zayd is the Imam of Imams!" (Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyyah)

Imam Zayd's rebellion inspired other revolts by members of his clan, who regarded him as their supreme spiritual role model, the most famous among these being the revolt of Imam Muhammad b. ‘Abd Allah al-Nafs al-Zakiyya (“Master of the Pure Soul”; 145/730) and his brother Ibrahim in 145/762-3, Hussayn b. Ali Sahib Fakhkh in 169/786, Imam Yahya b. ‘Abd Allah in 171/756, Imam Mawlay Idriss of Morocco in 172/757, Muhammad b. Ibrahim Tabataba in 199/814, Muhammad b. al-Qasim Sahib al-Talaqan in 219/834, and Yahya b. ‘Umar b. Yahya in 250/864. Thereafter, Zaydi activity successfully shifted to remote mountain regions south of the Caspian Sea and in Yemen, which tended to elude the control of the central government.

The Zaydi doctrine considers descendants of both al-Hassan and al-Hussayn as legitimate claimants of the Imamate. According to common Zaydi doctrine, the first three imams, ‘Ali, al-Hassan and al-Hussayn, were imams by divine designation of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him). After al-Hussayn, their imamate became legally established through armed rising (khuruj) and a formal summons (da‘wa) to allegiance by a qualified candidate. Among the qualifications, religious knowledge was emphasised. Many Zaydi imams throughout the centuries have been highly educated religious scholars and authors. They were, however, generally not considered as immune from error and sin (ma‘sum), although some late Zaydis conceded such immunity to the first three imams.

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم: "يدفن من ولدي سبعة بشاطئ الفرات لم يسبقهم الأولون ولا يدركهم الآخِرون." وهؤلاء السبعة هم الذين سجنهم أبو جعفر العباسي في محبس الهاشمية وماتوا فيه، هم: (1) الإمام عبد الله، ابن الحسن الرضا، ابن الحسن السبط، توفي عليه السلام سنة خمس وأربعين ومائة، عن خمس وسبعين سنة، وأقام في الحبس ثلاث سنين، والإمام عبد الله بن الحسن هذا هو الذي صلى الفجر بوضوء العشاء ستين سنة. (2) والحسن الثالث، ابن الحسن الرضا، ابن الحسن السبط: توفي عليه السلام في السجن، في ذي القعدة، سنة خمس وأربعين ومائة، عن ثمان وستين سنة. (3) والإمام إبراهيم الشبه، ابن الحسن الرضا، ابن الحسن السبط، توفي في شهر ربيع الأول، سنة خمس وأربعين ومائة، وله سبع وستون سنة. (4) وعلي بن الحسن الثالث، ابن الحسن الرضا، بن الحسن السبط، وهو والد الإمام الحسين بن علي صاحب فخ، وهو الذي قال له عمه الإمام عبد الله الكامل: يدعو على أبي الدوانيق، فقال: إن لنا منزلة عند الله لا ننالها إلا بهذا، أو أبلغ منه، وإن لأبي الدوانيق موضعاً في النار، لا يبلغه حتى ينال منا هذه البلية، أو ما هو أعظم. توفي عليه السلام في محبسهم بالهاشمية، وهو ساجد، وعمره خمس وأربعون سنة. (5) وأخوه العباس توفي في شهر رمضان الكريم، وهو ابن خمس وثلاثين سنة. (6) وأخوهما عبدالله، توفي يوم الأضحى، وله ست وأربعون سنة. (7) وإسماعيل الديباج بن إبراهيم بن الحسن بن الحسن السبط. وفي دلائل الامامة للطبري عن الإمام يحيى بن عبد الله، عن الذي أفلت من الثمانية، قال: لما أدخلنا الحبس قال علي بن الحسن: اللهم إن كان هذا من سخط منك علينا فاشدد حتى ترضى. فقال له عبد الله بن الحسن: ما هذا، يرحمك الله؟! ثم حدثنا عبد الله، عن فاطمة الصغرى، عن أبيها، عن جدتها فاطمة الكبرى بنت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله، قالت: قال لي رسول الله: "يدفن من ولدي سبعة بشاطئ الفرات، لم يسبقهم الأولون، ولم يدركهم الآخرون." فقلت: نحن ثمانية! قال: هكذا سمعت. قال: فلما فتحوا الباب وجدوهم موتى، وأصابوني وبي رمق، فسقوني ماء وأخرجوني فعشت

In 131, the Hashemite gathered in Abwa, outside Medina, to consult each other as to who should come forward to claim the right. Umayyad rule was weakening. Ahl al-Bayt had been waiting for an opportunity to take their rightful place as Caliphs of the Muslim Ummah. They saw this as the right time. Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya was promoted by his father 'Abd Allah al-Kamil as the Qa'im, and the attendants, including Ibrahim al-Imam, Jaafar al-Sadiq, Abul Abbas Saffah (d. 136/ 572) and Abu Jaafar al-Mansur al-Dawaniqi (d. 158/775) (the future Abbasid caliphs) pledged allegiance to him. Abd Allah al-Kamil was the son of the survivors of the tragedy of Karbala, Hassan al-Rida b. Imam Hassan al-Mutaba b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib and Fatima, the daughter of Imam Hussayn b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib (peace and mercy of God be upon them). However, al-Saffah and al-Mansur went back on their oaths when their family seized power. Al-Saffah ascended the throne and the Muslim Ummah was forced to pledge allegiance to him. Abu Jaafar then took the title after his brother’s death. Imam Malik openly stated that Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya had more right to the title and testified to his merit. This led him suffering great affliction for his political stance.

During this time, there were many scholars, Muhaddithin, Ulama, and Fuqaha whowere supportive of Imam Ibrahim including..

هو: أبو عبد اللّه، وقيل: أبو القاسم محمد بن عبد اللّه بن الحسن بن الحسن بن علي بن أبي طالب عليهم السـلام، وكان يسمى: المهدي، ويُسمى: صريح قريش، لأنـه عليـه السلام لم يكن في آبائه إلى أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام من أمه أم ولد ولا في جداته، ويسمى: النفس الزكية، لورود الرواية عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم أنه خرج ذات يوم إلى باب المدينة، فقال: "ألا وإنه سيقتل في هذا الموضع رجل من أولادي، اسمه كاسمي، واسم أبيه كاسم أبي، يسيل دمه من هاهنا إلى أحجار الزيت، وهو النفس الزكية، على قاتله ثلث عذاب أهل النار". كان عليه السلام آدم اللون، شديد الأدمة، قد خالطه الشيب في عارضيه، وكانت له شامة في كتفيه، تشبه شامة رسول اللّه صلى اللّه عليه وعلى آله، وكان متناهياً في العلم، متقدماً في الفقه والحديث، قد سمع من نافع، وابن طاووس ، وغيرهما بعد ما سمع من آبائه عليهم السلام، ولزمه واصل بن عطاء وغيره من المتكلّمين، وله كتاب (السير) المشهور. وكان شجاعاً فارساً خطيباً بارعاً في الخطبة على تَمْتَمَةٍ كانت تعتريه إذا تكلم، فإذا عرضت له ضرب بيده صدره فينفتح لسانه، وهو أول من ظهر من آل رسول اللّه صلى اللّه عليه وعلى آله فُخُوْطِبَ بأمير المؤمنين. ظهر عليه السلام بالمدينة ـ بعد استتاره الدهر الأطول، وانفاذه الدعاة إلى الآفاق، وظهور دعـوته بخراسان، ومبايعة جمهور أهلها له ـ لليلتين بقيتا من جمادى الآخرة سنـة خمس وأربعين ومائة، ـ وروي في غُرَّة رجب ـ وعليه قُلُنْسُوة صفراء وعمامة فوقها، متوشّحاً سيفاً، وهو يقول لأصحابه: لا تقتلوا.. لا تقتلوا. ورُوِيَ أن الإمام مالك استفتي في الخروج مع محمد بن عبداللّه، وقيل له: إنَّ بأعناقنا بيعة لأبي جعفر، فقال: إنما بايعتم مُكْرهين، وليس على مكره يمين، فأسرع النَّاس إلى مبايعته. ظهر عليه السلام بالمدينة لليلتين بقيتا من جمادى الآخرة، واستشهد في شهر رمضان، فكانت مدة قيامه بالأمر شهرين وأياماً. وكان الإمامان أبو حنيفة ومالك من انصاره. خرج محمد النفس الزكية ومن معه فقاتلوا قتالاً شديداً، حتى قتل عند أحجار الزيت موضع قرب المدينة على يد جيوش أبي جعفر المنصور. طعنه حميد بن قحطبة في صدره، ثم ضرب على ذقنه فسقط، وحَزَّ رأسه حميد بن قحطبة. ولما استشهد وأُنْفِذ رأسه إلى أبي جعفر استوهبت جثته أخته زينب من عيسى واستأذنته في دفنه فأذن في ذلك، فدُفن بالمدينة بالبقيع، وقبره مشهور مزور. وكان مقتله يوم الأثنين بعد العصر، لأربع عشرة ليلة خلت من رمضان سنة 145 هـ. قال لأهله: إني على قتال هؤلاء، فإن زالت الشمس ومطرت السماء فإني مقتول، وإن زالت الشمس ولم تمطر السماء وهبت ريح فإني أظفر بالقوم، ثم أمرهم ـ أنه إذا أتت الأمارة من الله التي تدل على قتله ـ أن يحرقوا كتباً خاف عليها من أعداء الله، وكان أشبه الخلق في حملاته بالحمزة بن عبد المطلب، وكان عنده سيف أمير المؤمنين صلوات الله عليه ذو الفقار .قال في كتاب حركة النفس الزكية ط الثانية عام 1406هـ ص79، ما لفظه: عقب ابن كثير على تعذيب آل الحس ووفاتهم في سجن المنصور، فقال: فعلى المنصور ما يستحقه من عذاب الله ولعنته، قال في الهامش: (البداية 10/ 82)، وقال أيضاً في ص86: (بايع أهل المدينة محمداً على القتال معه ضد الظالم أبي جعفر..إلى قوله: أيد كثير من العلماء حركة النفس الزكية، منهم: عبدالله بن يزيد بن هرمز شيخ الإمام مالك، ومحمد بن عجلان، وكان موضع تقدير أهل المدينة، وله حلقة في مسجد رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم، وكانوا يلقبونه بـ(حسن البصري المدينة)، وأبو بكر بن أبي سبرة الفقيه، وعبدالله بن عامر الأسلمي القاري، وعبد العزيز بن محمد الدراوردي، كما أيده أحفاد الزبير بن العوام، وكانوا فرساناً علماء كالمنذر بن محمد، ومصعب بن ثابت، كما أيدته القبائل العربية المجاورة للمدينة جهينة، ومزينة، وأسلم، وغفار، وخرج معه من الطالبيين المشهورين: موسى وعبدالله ابنا جعفر الصادق، والحسن، ويزيد وصالح بنو معاوية بن عبدالله بن جعفر، والحسين وعيسى ابنا زيد بن علي، وعلي وزيد ابنا الحسن بن زيد بن الحسن)

Par défaut

Al-Mansur’s brother, al-Saffah was not bothered by the Hassanid uprisings, but al-Mansur was more concerned about their claims to Imamate. It reached him that Ahl al-Bayt and their supporters set out to oppose him. He heard of support for them rising up in Khurasan. In 140, he had grown frustrated by his governors’ lack of heart in arresting the Hassanid Sharifs. Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya and his brothers were living a time of great adventure and danger. They secretly went around gathering support for their cause. No one would turn them over because people’s hearts were inclined to them. Al-Mansur decided to kill two birds with one stone. He made the pilgrimage that year. He found some of the heads of the family, including their father, the Imam of Madinah, Imam Abd Allah al-Kamil, but they refused to reveal the whereabouts of his sons. Al-Mansur seized them and took them to Kufa with him where they were thrown into a foul dungeon, treated most brutally and left to die in prison. Al-Mansur made the same move in 144/764. He seized still more of the Hassanid family and brought them back with him. However, Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya and his brother Ibrahim had escaped arrest. Imam 'Isa went to the Maghreb to collect support. Imam Yahya had been sent to Khurasan, and ‘Abd Allah b. Muhammad b. ‘Abd Allah al-Nafs al-Zakiyya had been sent to al-Sind (Pakistan).

In 144, al-Mansur finally found a man true to his heart in Riyah b. Uthman. He appointed him governor of Madinah and he feverously continued the campaign to find Imam Nafs al-Zakiyya and his brothers. Riyah was saved the trouble, though. In 145/730, Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya appeared in Madinah and publicly denounced al-Mansur and called the people to pledge al-bay’ah to him. Riyah was taken completely by surprise. Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya had the opposition to his call arrested, including Riyah. He refused to have any blood spilled, though. At the time, the people came to Imam Malik to ask him what they should do as they had already pledged allegiance to the Abbasids, but they had done so against their will. Al-Mansur said they were bound to their pledge, defending his position with a fabricated prophetic tradition that he banned anyone from questioning. When asked about this tradition, Imam Malik did not hesitate to announce its fabrication. The people rushed to pledge their allegiance to Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya. Imam Malik was later flogged by al-Mansur for his actions. Imam Malik kept to his house throughout the uprising.

Al-Mansur was relieved to know that he finally knew Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya’s whereabouts. He sent a garrison of 4,000 men to reason with the Imam. The Imam built a trench (al-Khandaq) around Madinah just like at the ‘Battle of the Trench’. All the signs pointed to a re-enactment of the ‘Battle of the Trench’. He chanted slogans such as those his Grandfather (peace and blessing be upon him and his family) stated at Badr and Uhud: A'hadun A'had (He is the One. He is the One). He was advised to give up and flee Madinah, but he considered this an insult to the Sacred City. Some people in the city became dismayed and refused to fight on hearing the approach of al-Mansur’s troops. This did not perturb him, however. He drew out the sword of his grandfather, the Messenger of God (peace and blessing be upon him and his family), called the people to fight, and cried out the battle cry of Imam Hussayn (peace be upon him) when he was martyred.

The art of single combat was revived and the Imam killed over seventy men that day alone. However, the forces of al-Mansur easily passed the trench. They placed doors over it and moved into the Enlightened City. The Imam’s forces were weakened and he knew the battle was lost. He pulled out of the battle and joined Dhuhr and Asr prayers and burned the record of those who had pled al-bay’ah to him, so that their names would not be discovered. Among the names: who fiercely fought with him: Musa al-Kazim (d. 183/799) and Abd Allah, the sons of Imam Jaafar al-Sadiq, Isa and al-Husayn, the sons of Imam Zayd b. Ali, and most of the children of Abdullah b. Zybayr. Then he proceeded to wash himself to prepare his body for burial. After, he allowed his general Ibn Khudayr to go to prison where he had held those who had opposed him and killed them. Finally, he headed back into battle and was martyred at Ahjaar al-Zayt. His head was decapitated from his body and carried to the prison where his father Imam Abd Allah al-Kamil was held. All this was prophesized by the Prophet,

“A pure soul from my progeny will be killed at Ahjaar al-Zayt.”

Par défaut

The Revolt of Ibrahim al-Imam (d. 145/730) in Basra

The Hassanid brothers had opened their campaign far too early. They had also underestimated the hesitancy of a lot of the Muslim community. Imam Ibrahim launched his uprising in Ramadhan in Basra in coordination with his brother Mohammad Nafs Zakiyya's uprising in the Hijaz, and within two months had liberated the whole of southern Iraq and Iran from the Abbasids, while Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyya liberated Madina and Makkah, thus badly cornering al-Mansur in his capital Hira in central Iraq (when Baghdad was not yet built). While Imam Ibrahim advanced towards Kufa, and Mansur was on the verge of defeat, Imam Muhammad al-Nafs Zakiyya was deserted by most of his army and was martyred in combat. This emboldened the Abbasids and in the decisive battle near Kufa, an arrow pierced Ibrahim’s neck and he was immediately unhorsed and decapitated by the wretch, Hamid b. Qahtaba, who sent the head to al-Mansur's nephew Isa b. Musa – the cowardly killer of Muhammad al-Nafs Zakiyya in the Hijaz.

الإمام أبو الحسن إبراهيم بن عبدالله بن الحسن بن الحسن السبط عليهم السلام، وهو شقيق الإمام محمد بن عبدالله النفس الزكية. مولده عليه السلام: سنة خمس وتسعين. كان سائل الخدين، خفيف العارضين، أقنى الأنف، حسن الوجه، قد أثر السجود في جبهته وأنفه. دعا بعد قتل أخيه سنة 145 وبايعته المعتزلة مع الزيدية، وفضلاء الأئمة. استشهد: في أيام أبي الدوانيق في ذي الحجة من هذه السنة، وعمره خمسون سنة.قال أبو إسحاق الفزاري: جئت إلى أبي حنيفة، فقلت له: ما اتقيت الله حيث أفتيت أخي بالخروج مع إبراهيم بن عبد الله بن الحسن حتى قتل، فقال: قَتْلُ أخيك حيث قُتِل يعدل قَتْلَه لو قُتِل يوم بدر، وشهادته مع إبراهيم خيرٌ له من الحياة، قلت له: ما منعك أنت من ذاك، قال: ودائع الناس كانت عندي. وفيه بسنده، قال: ما زلت أسمع أن شعبة بن الحجاج كان يقول في نصرة إبراهيم بن عبدالله للناس إذا سألوه: ما يقعدكم؟ هي بدر الصغرى. قلت: وفي الشافي، وكان عالماً فاضلاً خطيباً مصقعاً شاعراً مفلقاً شجاعاً بحيث لا يبالي دخل على الموت أو خرج إليه، واجتمع معه من الزيدية والمعتزلة وأصحاب الحديث ما لم يجتمع مع أحد من أهل بيته عليهم السلام، ولسنا نستقصي العلماء الذين بايعوه، وإنما نذكر منهم الأكثر ممن بلغ إلينا علمه، فمنهم: إبراهيم بن نميلة، الملقب بالكامل علماً وعملاً وشجاعةً، والمضَّا بن القاسم الثعلبي، ومعاوية بن حرب بن قطن العالم الزاهد، وعبَّاد بن منصور الشامي، وبشير الرحال، ومطر الوراق، وحكم المعتزلي، وانطوى ديوانه على مائة ألف مقاتل. وذكر أبو الفرج علي بن الحسين بن محمد الأصفهاني رحمه الله تعالى في كتابه الذي ذكر فيه من خرج من الطالبيين..إلى قوله: خرج الناس كلهم مع إبراهيم بن عبدالله بن الحسن بن الحسن بن علي بن أبي طالب عليهم السلام. قال: وخرج أصحاب الحديث معه جميعاً: شعبة بن الحجاج، وهشيم بن بشير، وعباد بن العوام، ويزيد بن هارون، وقتل ولد هشيم. إلى قوله: ولما قتل إبراهيم عليه السلام، قال سفيان الثوري: ما أظن الصلاة تقبل إلا أن الصلاة خير من تركها، وخرج مع إبراهيم عليه السلام من علماء الكوفة وأكابر أهلها وهم من أصحاب سفيان: مؤمل بن إسماعيل، وحنبص وكان جليل الخطر

Al-Mansur continued to oppress and wrong Ahl al-Bayt and treated them unjustly, hence his prisons were full of their members. He traced their absent and arrested their present until he killed ‘Abd Allah b. Muhammad b. ‘Abd Allah al-Nafs al-Zakiyya, peace be upon him, in al-Sind at the hand of ‘Umar b. Hisham al-Tha‘labi. Three years, Imam Jaafar al-Sadiq was martyred through poisoning by al-Mansur.

Par défaut

The Revolt of Imam Hussayn al-Fakhi (d. 169/786) in Medina

Shedding the blood of the children of the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him and his family) is the worst page in the history of the ‘Abbasid state. In the time of the despotic Abbasid caliph Musa al-Hadi, the Alawide family suffered from fear and terrorism, for he terrified them, looked for them, stopped their livelihoods, and wrote to the governors of the distant regions in order to summon them. So, after 24 years of the revolt of Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyyah, there was another attempt to overthrow Abbasid power in 169/786 on the eighth of Dhu al-Hijja. The Alawide, who could endure savageness of Abbasids no more, revolted against al-Hadi, under the leadership of al-Hussayn b. Ali b. al-Hassan b. al-Hassan al-Rida b. al-Hassan al-Mujtaba b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib and Sayyida Fatima al-Zahra (peace be upon them all). Imam Idriss and his brother Imam Yahya pledged al-bay’ah to him. They fought the so-called ‘Battle of the Trap’, 5 miles outside of Mecca, but were defeated. The Battle of Fakh was similar to the Battle of Karbala in tragedies, for the number of the heads which were sent to al-Hadi was more than one hundred. Children and women were captured. The captives along with the children were killed. The revolt of Fakh reflected the spirit of the struggle between Ahl al-Bayt and the corrupt rulers. The great tragedy of Fakh is actually a repetition of the revolts of Imam al-Husayn, Imam Zayd b. Ali, Imam Muhammad al-Nafs al-Zakiyyah and his brother Imam Ibrahim.

The Messenger of Allah had told his companions about the battle of Fakh. Imam Muhammad al-Baqir, the brother of Imam Zayd b. Ali, is reported to have said:

"the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him and his family) once passed by Fakh. He dismounted and offered two raka'at prayers. In the second rak'ah his eyes welled with tears. When people saw the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him and his family) crying, they cried, too. When they left that place Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him and his family) asked them, what made you cry?' 'When we saw you crying, we also cried, O Apostle of Allah, said the people. 'At the end of the first ruk'ah, Gabriel descended,' replied the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him and his family), 'and said: 'O Muhammad, a man from your descendents will be murdered in this place. The divine reward for every one who would be martyred with him shall be twofold."

هو الإمام أبو عبدالله الحسين بن علي بن الحسن المثلث بن الحسن المثنى بن الحسن السبط عليهم السلام، وأبوه هو الذي كانوا يعرفون في الحبس الأوقات برواتبه، وكان يدعى العابد. كان عليه السلام أسود الرأس واللحية لم يخالطه الشيب. وكان الإمام الحسين بن علي يقسم بالله إنه يخاف أن لا تقبل منه صدقاته؛ لأن الذهب والفضة والتراب عنده بمنزلة واحدة. دعا في المدينة يوم السبت لإحدى عشرة ليلة بقيت من ذي القعدة سنة تسع وستين ومائة. وبايعه من رؤساء أهل البيت صلوات الله عليهم. ورقى الإمام الحسين بن علي المنبر، فحمد الله وأثنى عليه وصلى على نبيه صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم، ثم قال: أيها الناس أنا ابن رسول الله، على منبر رسول الله، في مسجد رسول الله، أدعوكم إلى كتاب الله وسنة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم، أيها الناس أتطلبون أثر رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم في الحجر والعود وهذا ـ ثم مد يده ـ من لحمه ودمه؟ وخرج في عصابة من آل محمد، وهم ستة وعشرون رجلاً، وتوافوا هم وشيعتهم إلى ثلاثمائة وبعض عشرة عدة أهل بدر، سالين سيوفهم، داعي إلى الله، عاملين بكتاب الله، مواجهين لأعداء الله، لا تأخذهم في الله لومة لائم، والتقاهم من أحزاب الضلال وجموع الباطل: أربعون ألفاً أنفذهم موسى الملقب الهادي بن محمد بن أبي الدوانيق، فدعاهم الإمام، ومن معه من جنود الله إلى كتاب الله، وإلى ما جاء به جده رسول الله، فلم يجيبوهم، فحمل فيهم الإمام، وحملت معه الطائفة على ما جرت به عادة الأئمة من أهل بيت رسول الله حتى أغرقوا الأرض من دمائهم، واستشهدوا في سبيل الله رب العالمين. وكان الموضع الذي قتل فيه معروفاً عند أهل البيت، روي عن أبي جعفر محمد الباقر عليه السلام أنه قال: "مر النبي صلى اللّه عليه وآله وسلم بفخ فنزل فصلى ركعة، فلما صلى الثانية بكى وهو في الصلاة، فلما رأى الناس النبي يبكي بكوا، فلما انصرفوا قال: ما يبكيكم؟ قالوا: لما رأيناك تبكي بكينا يارسول اللّه، قال: نزل عليَّ جبريل لما صليت الركعة الأولى، فقال: يا محمد إن رجلاً من ولدك يقتل في هذا المكان وأجر الشهيد معه أجر شهيدين"، وفي يوم التروية من شهر ذي القعدة سنة 169هـ استشهد الإمام الحسين بن علي مع ما ينيف على مائة شهيد من أهل بيته، وبقي قتلاهم ثلاثة أيام حتى أكلتهم السباع، ولذا يقال: لم تكن مصيبة بعد كربلاء أشد وأفجع من فخ. وكانت بيعة الحسين بن علي الفخي صلوات الله عليه: "أبايعكم على كتاب الله وسنة نبيه، والعدل في الرعية، والقسم بالسوية، نحل ما أحل القرآن والسنة العادلة، ونحرّم ما حرم القرآن والسنة العادلة، ونكون على ذلك أعواناً بجهدنا وطاقتنا، وتجاهدوا عدونا وتفلحوا معنا، فإنْ وفينا لكم وفيتم لنا وإنْ خالفنا فلا طاعة لنا عليكم. وعليكم عهد الله أن تجاهدونا فيمن جاهدنا إن نحن خالفنا. ثم قال: اللهم اشهد". وبايع الحسين نحواً من ثلاثين ألف رجل من أهل البصائر والنيات والمشهورين بجميل الديانات وغيرهم، وواعدهم عرفات وجعل الأمارة بينه وبينهم صاحب الجمل الأحمر، وكاتب أهل الأمصار فلم يتثاقل عنه ذو نهضة، إلا أن ميعاد جميعهم مكة. وتوجه الحسين بمن معه من أهل بيته وأصحابه عند وقت الحج إلى مكة. وكان الحسين في أربعمائة رجل ليس معهم فرس إلا فرس يحيى بن عبدالله بن الحسن، ووجّه إليه الهادي بجيوشه تترى جيشاً في أثر جيش. فلما وافى الحسين بن علي فخ، وقد كانت عساكرهم، ليصل إليه من أراده من أهل بيعته ومن واعده بها، أحاطت به العساكر ليلة الجمعة. فابتدأ الحسين في كلامه ـ هذا حين لقيناهم ـ وهو على حمار الإمام إدريس بن عبد الله والناس منصتون له، فقال: "يا أهل القرآن، والله إنَّ خصلتين أدناهما الجنة لشريفتان، وإن يبقيكم الله ويظفركم لنعملَنَّ بكتاب الله وسنة نبيه، ولنُشبعنَّ الأرملة، وليعيشنَّ اليتيم، ولَنُعِزنَّ من أعزه كتاب الله وأوليائه، ولنذلنَّ من أذله الحق، والحكم من أعدائه، وإن تكن الخصلة الأخرى فأنتم تبعاً لسلفكم الصالح تُقْدِمُونَ عليهم وأنتم داعون إليهم: رسول الله‎، وحمزة، وعلي، وجعفر، والحسن والحسين، وزيد بن علي ويحيى بن زيد، وعبدالله بن الحسن، ومحمد وإبراهيم أبناء عبدالله، فمن أي الخصلتين تجزعون؟، فوالله لو لم أجد غيري لحاكمتهم إلى الله حتى ألحق بسلفي." قال فبرز للقتال، ووجَّه إليه موسى بن عيسى وإلى جميع أصحابه يعرض عليهم الأمان. فقال الحسين: وأيُّ أمان لكم يافجرة؟، المغرور من غررتموه بأمانكم، وكيف لا وأنتم تغرونه عن دينه بحياة يسيرة تطمعونه فيها، فإذا ركن إليها قتلتموه، أليس من وصية آبائكم، زعمتم قتل كل متهم ومن سأل الأمان عند الظفر به؟. فخرج إليه جميع من حضر من بني العباس ومواليهم والجند ونقضوا إحرامهم ثم لبسوا الأقبية، وبعثوا إليه بأمانه وبذلوا له مالاً فأبى إلا قتالهم، أو الرجوع عمَّا هم عليه من الإثم والعدوان ومعاونة الظالمين. فشدوا عليه عندما يئسوا من خديعته بأمانهم، وحملوا عليه وعلى أصحابه حملة شديدة، فثبتوا لهم وقتل منهم جماعة. ولما رأت المسودَّة ثبات أصحاب الحسين وصبرهم جعلوا له كميناً من ورائهم ثم استطردوا لهم حتى خرجوا من الموضع الذي كانوا قد ألجؤوا فيه ظهورهم إلى الجبل الذي شيده الحسين بنفسه وأصحابه وقطع مجاز الجبل فيه بالصخر ـ وهو على تلك الحال إلى اليوم ـ فلما خرج عليهم الكمين قاتل الحسين وأصحابه قتالاً شديداً حتى كثر القتل في الفريقين جميعاً، ثم حملت العساكر بأجمعها فصبروا لهم حتى أُبِيدُوا بأجمعهم، وقتل الحسين صلوات الله عليه ولعن قاتله. وثبت في المعركة، وصرع أهله حوله بعد منازلة ومدافعة وصبر عظيم على وقع الحديد. وقال لهم الحسين: يابني عمي إنحازوا وامضوا إلى بعض النواحي، فعسى أنْ تدركوا بثأرنا يوماً من الدهر، فإني غير مفارقهم {حَتَّى يَحْكُمَ اللَّهُ بَيْنَنَا وَهُوَ خَيْرُ الْحَاكِمِينَ} [الأعراف:87]، فأبوا وصبروا حتى قُتِلُوا قدّامه واحداً واحداً. وقتل ـ وهو محرم هو وأصحابه ـ وله من العمر إحدى وأربعون سنة. وأصابت يحيى بن عبدالله سبعون نشابة بين درعه، وكَثُرَ حتى صار كالقنفذ، وجُرِحَ أخوه إدريس بن عبدالله حتى انصبغ قميصه، وجرح الحسن بن محمد بن عبدالله وفقئت عينه بنشابة. وكان ممن ارتث من قتلى فخ، يحيى، وإدريس أبنا عبدالله، وإبراهيم بن إسماعيل ـ والد الإمام القاسم بن إبراهيم ـ يعرف بطباطبا ـ وعبدالله بن الحسن الأفطس، جرحى ما فيهم حراك، فاستدركهم رجل من خزاعة من أهل اليسار كان سيد قومه. ويقال: بل تحركوا وتعارفوا بالليل، فجزعوا في الجبل حتى صاروا إلى هذا الخزاعي، فآواهم عنده زماناً حتى صلحوا من جراحاتهم وبرؤا من كلمهم وسكن عنهم ألم ذلك، وكف الطلب، وعميت أخبارهم على كل من وكِّلَ باتباعهم. ثم أجمع رأيهم على الخروج إلى الحبشة إلى أنْ يجعل الله لهم من أمرهم مخرجا. فركبوا البحر جائزين إلى بلاد الحبشة في مركب للخزاعي، ووجَّه معهم غلمانه حتى عبروا بهم من معتك إلى عيذاب.قال فبرز للقتال، ووجَّه إليه موسى بن عيسى وإلى جميع أصحابه يعرض عليهم الأمان. فقال الحسين: وأيُّ أمان لكم يافجرة؟، المغرور من غررتموه بأمانكم، وكيف لا وأنتم تغرونه عن دينه بحياة يسيرة تطمعونه فيها، فإذا ركن إليها قتلتموه، أليس من وصية آبائكم، زعمتم قتل كل متهم ومن سأل الأمان عند الظفر به؟. فخرج إليه جميع من حضر من بني العباس ومواليهم والجند ونقضوا إحرامهم ثم لبسوا الأقبية، وبعثوا إليه بأمانه وبذلوا له مالاً فأبى إلا قتالهم، أو الرجوع عمَّا هم عليه من الإثم والعدوان ومعاونة الظالمين. فشدوا عليه عندما يئسوا من خديعته بأمانهم، وحملوا عليه وعلى أصحابه حملة شديدة، فثبتوا لهم وقتل منهم جماعة. ولما رأت المسودَّة ثبات أصحاب الحسين وصبرهم جعلوا له كميناً من ورائهم ثم استطردوا لهم حتى خرجوا من الموضع الذي كانوا قد ألجؤوا فيه ظهورهم إلى الجبل الذي شيده الحسين بنفسه وأصحابه وقطع مجاز الجبل فيه بالصخر ـ وهو على تلك الحال إلى اليوم ـ فلما خرج عليهم الكمين قاتل الحسين وأصحابه قتالاً شديداً حتى كثر القتل في الفريقين جميعاً، ثم حملت العساكر بأجمعها فصبروا لهم حتى أُبِيدُوا بأجمعهم، وقتل الحسين صلوات الله عليه ولعن قاتله. وثبت في المعركة، وصرع أهله حوله بعد منازلة ومدافعة وصبر عظيم على وقع الحديد. وقال لهم الحسين: يابني عمي إنحازوا وامضوا إلى بعض النواحي، فعسى أنْ تدركوا بثأرنا يوماً من الدهر، فإني غير مفارقهم {حَتَّى يَحْكُمَ اللَّهُ بَيْنَنَا وَهُوَ خَيْرُ الْحَاكِمِينَ} [الأعراف:87]، فأبوا وصبروا حتى قُتِلُوا قدّامه واحداً واحداً. وأصابت يحيى بن عبدالله سبعون نشابة بين درعه، وكَثُرَ حتى صار كالقنفذ، وجُرِحَ أخوه إدريس بن عبدالله حتى انصبغ قميصه، وجرح الحسن بن محمد بن عبدالله وفقئت عينه بنشابة. وكان ممن ارتث من قتلى فخ، يحيى، وإدريس أبنا عبدالله، وإبراهيم بن إسماعيل ـ والد الإمام القاسم بن إبراهيم ـ يعرف بطباطبا ـ وعبدالله بن الحسن الأفطس، جرحى ما فيهم حراك، فاستدركهم رجل من خزاعة من أهل اليسار كان سيد قومه. ويقال: بل تحركوا وتعارفوا بالليل، فجزعوا في الجبل حتى صاروا إلى هذا الخزاعي، فآواهم عنده زماناً حتى صلحوا من جراحاتهم وبرؤا من كلمهم وسكن عنهم ألم ذلك، وكف الطلب، وعميت أخبارهم على كل من وكِّلَ باتباعهم. ثم أجمع رأيهم على الخروج إلى الحبشة إلى أنْ يجعل الله لهم من أمرهم مخرجا. فركبوا البحر جائزين إلى بلاد الحبشة في مركب للخزاعي، ووجَّه معهم غلمانه حتى عبروا بهم من معتك إلى عيذاب. فلمَّا صار يحيى وإدريس إلى ملك الحبشة، أعظمهما وأكبر أمرهما وأجزل جوائزهما، فأقاما عنده خير إقامة في أكرم منزلة، ثم خرج يحيى وإدريس من الحبشة فقدما فرع المسور ليلاً، فأقاما به زمناً يتشاوران إلى أين يخرجان، وأي بلد تحملهم وتخفيهم وتشملهم من الخوف، مثلما كان قد عزب عنهم وتناهى إليهم من خبر علي بن إبراهيم، وإبراهيم بن إسماعيل، والقاسم بن محمد بن عبدالله بن حسن، وموسى بن عبدالله بن الحسن بن الحسن. ثم كاتب يحيى الناس وواعدهم الموسم بمنى في شعب الحضارمة. فوافاه سبعون رجلا من خيار أهل الأرض في ذلك الزمان. فشاورهم فأشاروا عليه واتفق رأيهم على أن يوجّه في أمصار المسلمين، ويَستنصِرَهُم على جهادهم فإنه ما من أعمال البِرِّ شيءٌ يعدل عند الله جهادهم، ولا أفْضَلَ مِنْ نصرتِهم عليهم. فاستخار الله، وكاتب أهل الآفاق وَوَجَّه إليهم الرسل. فوجّه إلى العراق ثلاثة، وإلى أهل المغرب أخاه إدريس، وقال له: يا أخي إن لنا راية في المغرب تقبل في آخر الزمان فيظهر الله الحق على أيدي أهلها، فعسى أن تكون أنت أو رجل من ولدك

Par défaut

The Revolt of Imam Yahya al-Rida (d. 171/756) in Tabaristan

The survivors of Fakh sneaked into the ranks of the pilgrims and escaped. They all went into hiding. Imam Yahya and Imam Idriss, and other members of Ahl al-Bayt, accompanied by Mawlay idriss' freedman Rashid al-Awarbi (who was said to be a Berber from the valley of Zarhun), moved onto to Abyssinia by sea. later, Imam Yahya sent his brother Imam Idriss to Egypt and then to the far Maghreb to collect support to him. He, himself, was to continue in Yemen, and then to Khurasan and Tabaristan the struggle. The Abbasid Harun al-Rashid sent forces to extinguish the rebellion there, which later led to a truce. Imam Yahya was forced to return after Harun made a mighty oath not to touch him. He was later taken prisoner and was martyredin his prison.

In his poem in which he laments for Imam Yahya, Ibn al-Rumi, a great poet, displays the sufferings of the ‘Alawides as follows:

O people, your harm has lasted (through your losing) the family of Allah’s Messenger. So fear (Allah) or hope for (Him). Every time one of the pure (children) of the Prophet Mohammed is killed and stained (with his own) blood. Through him, you sell the religion to evil Imams.So, by Allah, the religion of Allah is about to be corrupt and confused. Then he says: O children of the Chosen One (the Prophet), until when do the people kill your children? Your tribulation will soon be dispelled. Isn’t there anyone who conforms to the right of his Prophet and fears his Lord?

In the time of Harun al-Rashid, the ‘Alawides suffered from far severe and cruel oppression. Harun al-Rashid ordered his governor over Madina to force the ‘Alawides to guarantee each other. Furthermore, he demolished the blessed grave of the master of martyrs, and sweet basil of Allah’s Apostle, may Allah bless him and his family, Imam al-Husayn b. Imam Ali b. Abi Talib, in Karbala. He ordered the nabk in whose shade the visitors sat to be cut down. This was done by his governor over Kufa Musa b. ‘isa al-‘Abbasi. He has also assassinated Imam Musa al-Kazim b. Imam Jaafar al-Sadiq (d. 183/799). That was after he had spent many years in his prison.
    In this regard the historian al-Fakhri said:

“He (i.e. al-Rashïd) was not afraid of Allah and His acts with respect to the leading members of ‘Ali, while they were the innocent children of the daughter of his Prophet. He swore (by Allah) that he would kill them and their followers. He said: ‘Till when will I be patient toward the family of Abu Talib? By Allah, I will kill them and their followers.’”

الإمام أبو الحسين يحيى بن عبدالله بن الحسن بن الحسن السبط، أخو الإمام محمد بن عبدالله النفس الزكية، والإمام إبراهيم عليهم السلام. كان عليه السلام آدم اللون، حسن الوجه، إلى القصر. دعا عليه السلام بعد قتل الإمام الحسين بن علي، وكان في الوقعة التي قتل فيها، وأصيب ذلك اليوم بثمان وسبعين نشابة التي استقرت في درعه، وأخرج عليه السلام بعدها إلى اليمن ودخل صنعاء، وجال في البلدان ودخل اليمن، وأقام في صنعاء شهوراً، وأخذوا عنه علماً كثيراً، ودخل بلاد السودان ووصل بلاد الترك، فتلقاه ملكها بأعظم ما يكون من الإكرام، وأسلم على يديه سراً ؛ لأن يحيى عليه السلام قال له: لا يقبل الله منك هذا إلا بالإسلام، قال: فإن أسلمت ظاهراً قتلني الترك، واستبدلوا بي، فأسلم سراً، وبث يحيى عليه السلام دعاته في الآفاق فجائته كتبهم ببيعة مائة ألف من المسلمين فيهم الفقهاء والعلماء، فقال يحيى: لا بد من الخروج إلا دار الإسلام فنهاه ملك الترك عن ذلك، فقال: إنهم يخدعونك فلا تغتر، قال يحيى: لا أستجيز فيما بيني وبين الله أن أقيم في بلاد الشرك ومعي مائة ألف مقاتل، فخرج إلى جبال الديلم. وبلغ هارون الرشيد نبأ ظهور الإمام يحيى ببلد الديلم، فضاقت عليه الأرض برحبها، وقطع الخمر، ولبس الصوف وافترش اللبود، وأظهر العبادة، وجمع عسكراً عظيماً قائده الفضل بن يحيى البرمكي فيه خمسون ألف مرتزق غير الأتباع فيهم صناديد وقواد، وما استقل له الجيش إلا بخمسين ألف ألف دينار، وحملت معه أموال جليلة للنفقات من أموال المشرق التي بين يديه، وأمره أن يبذل لجستان ما انتهت إليه بغيته، وكذلك أوصاه أن يعرض على يحيى كل أمرٍ يحبه من أموال وقطائع وصيانة جانبه، واحترام شيعته وشيعة أهل بيته عليهم السلام، وأن يسكن من أرض الله حيث أحب، وقد كان هارون أودع الفضل كتاباً إلى يحيى إن امتنع عليه جستان فيه الأمان بأوثق ما يدخل تحت الإمكان، وبذل له من المال ألف ألف، وألف ألف، وألف ألف ـ أي ثلاثة ملايين ـ، ومن القطائع ما أحب، وأن ينزله من البلاد ما شاء، وحيث شاء. فكتب يحيى إلى هارون جواب كتابه: بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم، أما بعد، فقد فهمت كتابك وما عرضت عليَّ من الأمان أن تبذل لي أموال المسلمين، وتقطعني ضياعهم التي جعلها الله لهم دوني ودونك، ولم يجعل لنا فيها نقيراً ولا فتيلاً، فاستعظمت الإستماع له فضلاً عن الركون إليه، واستوحشت منه تنزهاً عن قبوله، فاحبس عني أيها الإنسان مالك وإقطاعك، وقضاء حوائجي فقد أدبتني أدباً ناقصاً ـ يعني أمه عليه السلام ـ، وولدتني عاقاً، فوالله لو أن من قتل من أهل تُركاً وديالم على بعد أنسابهم مني وانقطاع رحمهم عني لوجبت علي نصرتهم والطلب بدمائهم، إذ كان منكم قتلهم ظلماً وعدواناً، الله لكم بالمرصاد لما ارتكبتم من ذلك، وعلى الميعاد لما سبق فيه من قوله ووعيده، وكفى بالله جازياً ومعاقباً وناصراً لأوليائه، ومنتقماً من أعدائه. وكيف لا أطلب بدمائهم، وأنام على ثأرهم والمقتول بالجوع والعطش والنكال، وضيق المحابس وثقل الأغلال، وترادف الأثقال، أبي عبدالله بن الحسن النفس الزكية، والهمة السنية، والديانة المرضية، والخشية والبقية، شيخ الفواطم، وسيد أبناء هاشم طراً، وأرفع أهل عصره قدراً، وأكرم أهل بلاد الله فعلاً، ثم يتلوه إخوته وبنو أبيه، ثم إخوتي وبنو عمومتي، نجوم السماء، وأوتاد الدنيا، وزينة الأرض، وأمان الخلق، ومعدن الحكمة، وينبوع العلم، وكهف المظلوم، ومأوى الملهوف، ما منهم أحد إلا من لو أقسم على الله لبر قسمه، فما أنس من الأشياء فلا أنسى مصارعهم، وما حل بهم من سوء مقدرتكم، ولؤم ظفركم، وعظيم إقدامكم، وقسوة قلوبكم، إذ جاوزتم قِتلة من كفر بالله إفراطاً، وعذاب من عاند الله إسرافاً، ومثله من جحد بالله عتواً. وكيف أنساه ما أذكره ليلاً إلا أقضَّ عليَّ مضجعي، وأقلقني عن موضعي، ولا نهاراً إلا أمرَّ علي عيشي، وقصر علي نفسي، حتى وددت أني أجد السبيل إلى الاستعانة بالسباع عليكم، فضلاً عن الناس، وآخذ منكم حق الله الذي وجب عليكم، وأنتصر من ظالمكم، وأشفي غليل صدرٍ قد كثرت بلابله، وأسكن قلباً جم وساوسه من المؤمنين، وأذهب غيض قلوبهم ولو يوماً واحداً، ثم يقضي الله فيَّ ما أحب.وإن أعش فمدرك ثأري داعياً إلى الله سبحانه على سبيل رشاد أنا ومن اتبعني، نسلك قصد من سلف من آبائه وإخوتي وإخواني القائمين بالقسط، الدعاة إلى الحق، فإن أمت فعلى سنن ما ماتوا غير راهب لمصرعهم، ولا راغب عن مذهبهم، فلي بهم أسوة حسنة، وقدوة هادية، فأول قدوتي منهم أمير المؤمنين رضوان الله عليه، إذ كان ما زال قائماً وقت القيام مع الإمكان حتماً، والنهوض بمجاهدة الجبارين فرضاً، فاعترض عليه من كان كالظلف من الخلف، ونازعه من كان كالظلمة مع الشمس، فوجدوا لعمر الله من حزب الشيطان مثل من وجدت، فظاهرهم من أعداء الله مثل من ظاهرك، وهم لمكان الحق عارفون، ولمواضع الرشد عالمون. فباعوا عظيم أجر الآخرة بحقير عاجل الدنيا، ولذيذ الصدق بغليظ مرارة الإفك، ولو شاء أمير المؤمنين لهدأت له، وركنت إليه ؛ بمحاباة الظالمين، واتخاذ المضلين، وموالاة المارقين، ولكن أبى الله ورسوله أن يكون للخائنين متخذاً، ولا للظالمين موالياً، ولم يكن أمره عندهم مشكلاً، فبدلوا نعمة الله كفراً، واتخذوا آيات الله هزواً، وأنكروا كرامة الله، وجحدوا فضيلة الله لنا. فقال رابعهم: أنى يكون له الخلافة والنبوة حسداً وبغياً، فقديماً ما حسد النبيون وآل النبيين الذين اختصهم الله بمثل ما اختصنا، فأخذ عليهم تبارك وتعالى، فقال: {أَمْ يَحْسُدُونَ النَّاسَ عَلَى مَا ءَاتَاهُمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ فَقَدْ ءَاتَيْنَا ءَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَءَاتَيْنَاهُمْ مُلْكًا عَظِيمًا} [النساء:54]. فجمع الله لهم المكارم والفضائل، والكتاب والحكمة والنبوة، والملك العظيم، فلما أبوا إلا تمادياً في الغي، وإصراراً على الضلال، جاهدهم أمير المؤمنين حتى لقي الله شهيداً رضوان الله عليه. ثم تلاه الحسن سليل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم وشبيهه، وسيد شباب أهل الجنة، إذ كل أهلها سادة، فكيف بسيد السادة، فجاهد من كان أمير المؤمنين جاهده، حتى كان بالمدائن وثب عليه أخو أسد فوجاه في فخذه، فسقط لما به، وأيس الناس من إفاقته، فتبددوا شيعاً، وتفرقوا قطعاً. فلما قصرت طاقته، وعجزت قوته، وخذله أعوانه، سالم هو وأخوه معذورين مظلومين موتورين، فاسثقل اللعين ابن اللعين حياتهما، واستطال مدتهما، فاحتال بالاغتيال لابن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم حتى نال مراده، وظفر بقتله، فمضى مسموماً شهيداً، مظلوماً وقيذاً، وعبر شقيقه وأخوه وابن أمه وأبيه وشريكه في فضله، ونظيره في سؤدده (الحسين)، على مثل ما انقرض عليه أبوه وأخوه، حتى إذا ظن أن قد أمكنته محبة الله من بوارهم، ونصرة الله من اجترامهم، دافعه عنها أبناء الدنيا، واستفرح بها أبناء الطلقاء، فبعداً للقوم الظالمين، وسحقاً لمن آثر على سليل النبيين الخبيث ابن الخبيثين، فقتلوه ومنعوه ماء الفرات، وهو مبذول لسائر السباع، وأعطشوه وأعطشوا أهله وقتلوهم ظلماً، يناشدونهم فلا يجابون، ويستعطفونهم فلا يرحمون، ثم تهادوا رأسه إلى يزيد الخمور والفجور تقرباً إليه، فبعداً للقوم الظالمين. ثم توجهت جماعة من أهل العلم والفضل إلى جستان في جيش، فتذاكروا ما حل بهم من ابن مروان، فخلعوه وبايعوا الحسن بن الحسن، ورأسوا عليهم ابن الأشعث إلى أن يأتيهم أمره، فكان رأسهم غير طائل ولا رشيد، نصب العداوة للحسن قبل موافاته، فتفرقت عند ذلك كلمتهم، وفل حدهم، فمزقوا كل ممزق، فلما هزم جيش الطواويس احتالوا بجدي الحسن بن الحسن، فمضى مسموماً يتحسى الحسرة، ويتجرع الغيظ، رضوان الله عليه، حتى إذا ظهر الفساد في البر والبحر، شرى زيد بن علي لله نفسه، فما لبث أن قتل، ثم صلب، ثم حرق، فأكرم بمصرعه مصرعاً. ثم ما كان إلا طلوع ابنه يحيى عليه السلام ثائراً بخراسان، فقضى نحبه، وقد أعذرا رضوان الله عليهما، وقد كان أخي محمد بن عبدالله دعا بعد زيد وابنه عليهما السلام، فكان أول من أجابه وسارع إليه جدك محمد بن علي بن عبدالله بن عباس وإخوته وأولاده، فخرج بزعمه يقوم بدعوته حتى خدع بالدعاء إليه طوائف. ومعلوم عند الأمة أنكم كنتم لنا تدعون، وإلينا ترجعون، وقد أخذ الله منكم ميثاقاً لنا، وأخذنا عليكم ميثاقاً لمهدينا محمد بن عبدالله النفس الزكية، الخائفة التقية المرضية، فنكثتم ذلك، وادعيتم من إرث الخلافة ما لم تكونوا تدعونه قديماً ولا حديثاً، ولا ادعاه أحد لكم من الأمة إلا تقولاً كاذباً، فها أنتم الآن تبغون دين الله عوجاً، وذرية رسول الله قتلاً واجتياحاً، فمتى ترجعون، وأنى تؤفكون، أو لم يكن لكم خاصة وللأمة عامة في محمد بن عبدالله فضل إذ لا فضل يعدل فضله في الناس، ولا زهد يشبه زهده في الناس، حتى ما يتراجع فيه اثنان، ولا يتراد فيه مؤمنان، ولقد أجمع عليه أهل الأمصار من أهل الفقه والعلم في كل البلاد لا يتخالجهم فيه الشك، ولا تقفهم عنه الظنون، فما ذكر عند خاصة ولا عامة إلا اعتقدوا محبته، وأوجبوا طاعته، وأقروا بفضله، وسارعوا إلى دعوته، إلا من كان من عتاة أهل الإلحاد، الذين غلبت عليهم الشقوة، وغمطوا النعمة، وتوقعوا النقمة من شيع أعداء الدين، وأفئدة المضلين، وجنود الضالين، وقادة الفاسقين، وأعوان الظالمين، وحزب الخائنين. وقد كان الدعاء إليه منهم ظاهراً، ،الطلب له قاهراً بإعلان اسمه، وكتاب إمامته على أعلامكم (محمد يا منصور) يعرف ذلك ولا ينكر، ويسمع ولا يجهل، حتى صرفتموها إليكم وهي تخطب عليه، وكفحتموها عنه وهي مقبلة إليه، حين حضرتم وغاب، وشهدتم إبرامها وناء، رغبة ممن حضر، وعظيم جرأة ممن اعترض، حتى إذا حصلت لكم بدعوتنا، وهدأت عليكم بخطبتنا، وقرت لكم بسببنا، قالت لكم إجرامكم إلينا، وجنايتكم علينا: إنها لا توطأ لكم إلا بإبادة خضرائنا، ولا تطمئن لكم دون استئصالنا، فأغري بنا جدك المتفرعن فقتلنا لاحقاً بأثره فينا عند المسلمين، لؤم مقدرة، وضراعة مملكه، حتى أخذه الله أخذ عزيز مقتدر قبل بلوغ شفاء قلبه من فنائنا، وهيهات أ، يدرك الناسُ ذلك، ولله فينا خبيَّة لا بد من إظهارها، وإرادة لا بد من بلوغها.فالويل لكم فكم من عين طالما غمضت عن محارم الله، وسهرت متهجدة لله، وبكت في ظلم الليل خوفاً من الله، قد أسحها بالعبرات باكية، وسمرها بالمسامير المحماة، فألصقها بالجدران المرصوفة قائمة، وكم من غرة وجه طالما ناجى الله مجتهدا ً، وعنى لله متخشعاً مشوهاً بالعمد، مظلوماً مقتولاً ممثولاً به معنوفاً، وبالله أن لو لم يلق الله إلا بقتل النفس الزكية أخي محمد بن عبدالله رحمه الله تعالى للقيه بإثم عظيم، وخطب كبير، فكيف وقد قتل قبله النفس التقية ـ أي عبدالله بن الحسن ـ وإخوته وبنو أخيه، ومنعهم روح الحياة في مطابقه، وحال بينهم وبين خروج النَّفَس في مطاميره، لا يعرفون الليل من النهار، ولا مواقيت الصلاة إلا بقراءة أجزاء القرآن تجزيه، لما غابوا في آناء الليل والنهار حتى الشتاء والصيف حال أوقات الصلاة، قرماً منه إلى قتلهم، وقطعاً منه لأرحامهم، وترةً لرسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم فيهم.فولغ في دمائهم ولغان الكلاب، وضرى بقتلهم صغيرهم وكبيرهم ضرواة الذئاب، ونهم بهم نهم الخنزير، والله له ولمن عمل بعمله بالمرصاد، فلما أهلكه الله قابلتنا أنت وأخوك الجبار الفض الغليظ العنيد، بأضعاف فتنته، واحتذاء سيرته، قتلاً وعذاباً وتشريداً وتطريداً، فأكلتمانا أكل الرُّبَّا([155]) حتى لفظتنا الأرض خوفاً منكما، وتأبدنا بالفلوات هرباً عنكما، فأنست بنا الوحوش وأنسنا بها، وألفتنا البهائم وألفناها، فلو لم تجترم أنت وأخوك إلا قتل الحسين بن علي وأسرته بفخ لكفى بذلك عند الله وزراً عظيماً، وستعلم وقد علم ما اقترف والله مجازيه وهو المنتقم لأوليائه من أعدائه.ثم امتحننا الله بك من بعده، فحرصت على قتلنا، وظلمت الأول والآخر منا، لا يؤمنهم بعد دار، ولانأي جار، تتبعهم حيلك وكيدك حيث تستروا، من بلاد الترك والديلم، لا تسكن نفسك ولا يطمئن قلبك دون أن تأتي على آخرنا، ولا تدع صغيرنا، ولا ترثى لكبيرنا، لئلا يبقى داع إلى حق، ولا قائل بصدق من أهله، حتى أخرجك الطغيان، وحملك الشنآن، على أن أظهرت بغضة أمير المؤمنين، وأعلنت بنقصه، وقربت مبغضيه، وآويت شانئيه، حتى أربيت على بني أمية في عداوته، وأشفيت غلتهم في تناوله، وأمرت بكرب قبر الحسين بن علي صلوات الله عليهما، وتعمية موضعه، وقتل زواره، واستئصال محبيه، وأوعدت زائريه، وأرعدت وأبرقت على ذكره.فوالله لقد كان بنو أمية الذين وضعنا آثارهم مثلاً لكم، وعددنا مساوئهم احتجاجاً عليكم ـ على بعد أرحامهم ـ أرأف بنا، وأعطف علينا قلوباً من جميعكم، وأحسن استبقاأً لنا ورعاية من قرابتكم، فوالله ما بأمركم خفاء، ولا بشنآنكم امتراء، ولم لا تجاهَدَ وأنت معتكف على معاصي الله صباحاً ومساء، مغتراً بالمهلة، آمناً من النقمة، واثقاً بالسلامة، تارة تغري بين البهائم بمناطحة كبش ومناقرة ديك ومحارشة كلب. وتارة تفترش الخصيان، وتأتي الذكران، وتترك الصلوات صاحياً وسكران، لا يشغلك ذلك عن قتل أولياء الله، وانتهاك محارم الله، فسبحان الله ما أعظم حلمه، وأكثر أناته عنك وعن أمثالك، ولكنه تبارك وتعالى لا يعجل بالعقوبة، وكيف يعجل وهو لا يخاف الفوت، وهو شديد العقاب.فأما ما دعوتني إليه من الأمان، وبذلت لي من الأموال، فمثلي لا تثني الرغائب عزمته، ولا تنحل لخطير همته، ولا يبطل سعياً باقياً مع الأيام أثره، ولا يترك جزيلاً عند الله أجره بمال فانٍ وعارٍ باق، هذه صفقة خاسرة، وتجارة بائرة، استعصم الله منها، وأسأله أن يعيذني من مثلها بمنه وطوله.أفأبيع المسلمين وقد سمت إليَّ أبصارهم، أفأبيع خطيري بمالكم، وشرف موقفي بدراهمكم، وألبس العار والشنار بمقامكم، لقد ضللت إذاً وما أنا من المهتدين.والله ما أكلي إلا الجشب، ولا لبسي إلا الخشن، ولا شعاري إلا الدرع، ولا صاحبي إلا السيف، ولا فراشي إلا الأرض، ولا شهوتي من الدنيا إلا لقاؤكم، والرغبة في مجاهدتكم ولو موقفاً واحداً، انتظار إحدى الحسنيين في ذلك كله في ظفر أو شهادة. وبعد، فإن لنا على الله وعداً لا يخلفه، وحتماً سوف ينجزه حيث يقول: {وَعَدَ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا مِنْكُمْ وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ لَيَسْتَخْلِفَنَّهُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ كَمَا اسْتَخْلَفَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ وَلَيُمَكِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ دِينَهُمُ الَّذِي ارْتَضَى لَهُمْ وَلَيُبَدِّلَنَّهُمْ مِنْ بَعْدِ خَوْفِهِمْ أَمْنًا يَعْبُدُونَنِي لَا يُشْرِكُونَ بِي شَيْئًا} [النور:55].وهو الذي يقول عز قائلاً: {وَنُرِيدُ أَنْ نَمُنَّ عَلَى الَّذِينَ اسْتُضْعِفُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَنَجْعَلَهُمْ أَئِمَّةً وَنَجْعَلَهُمُ الْوَارِثِينَ} [القصص:5].
    وكان من دعاة الإمام يحيى بن عبدالله: محمد بن إدريس المطلبي الشافعي رضي الله عنه، المتوفى سنة ثلاث ومائتين، وهو أجل أتباع آل محمد، وأهل الإخلاص في ولاية أبناء الرسول، وهو القائل:
    يا أهل بيت رسول الله حبُّكم فرض من الله في القرآن أنزله
    كفاكم من عظيم الشأن أنكم من لم يصلي عليكم لا صلاة له
    وقوله:
    يا راكباً قف بالمحصبِ من منى واهتف بواقف خيفها والناهض
    قف ثم ناد بأنني لمحمد ووصيه وابنيه لست بباغض
    إن كان رفضاً حب آل محمد فليشهد الثقلان أني رافضي
    وأفعاله وأقواله في هذا الباب أكثر من أن تحصر. وكذلك غيره من علماء الأمة الحنيفة، وفضلاء الملة الشريفة، لا يعدلون عن أهل بيت نبيهم، ولا يميلون عن طريق هدايتهم. فالشافعي أخذ العلم عن يحيى بن خالد المدني، وإبراهيم بن أبي يحيى المدني، وهما قرأ على الإمام زيد بن علي، وكذلك أبو حنيفة النعمان بن ثابت المتوفى سنة مائة وخمسين من تلامذة الإمام زيد بن علي وأتباعه، ومالك بن أنس الأصبحي المتوفى سنة مائة وتسع وسبعين قرأ على الإمام جعفر بن محمد الصادق عليهم السلام، وأفتى بالخروج مع محمد بن عبدالله وأخيه الإمام إبراهيم بن عبدالله عليهم السلام، وأحمد بن حنبل المتوفى سنة (241هـ) أخذ عن الشافعي وألف المناقب. وغيرهم من أتباع الأئمة، ودعاة أهل البيت الذين استجاب الله فيهم دعوة أبينا إبراهيم خليل الله في قوله: {فَاجْعَلْ أَفْئِدَةً مِنَ النَّاسِ تَهْوِي إِلَيْهِمْ} [إبراهيم:37]، ولم يفارق آل رسول الله إلا شذاذ المردة، وطواغيت النفاق، وليسوا من أهل دين محمد على الحقيقة، وإنما ينتحلون الإسلام للتغرير والتلبيس على أتباعهم العوام، وكيف يكون على دين الرسول من فارق عترته وورثته؟

Par défaut

The Revolt of Imam Idris (d. 177/762) in Morocco

قال الإمام يحيى لأخيه المولى إدريس عليهما السلام لما كانا في أرض الحبشة بعد معركه فخ: يا أخي إن لنا راية في المغرب تقبل في آخر الزمان، فيظهر الله الحق على أيدي أهلها، فعسى أن تكون أنت أو رجل من ولدك!". وقد سئل الإمام الكاظم بن الصادق عن ظهور القائم، فأجاب: "إن ظهور القائم مثله كمثل عمود من نور سقط من السماء إلى الأرض، رأسه بالمغرب، وأسفله بالمشرق.

From Egypt, Mawlay Idriss and Rashid moved on towards al-Qayrawan. Throughout the journey, the two men exchanged clothing, so that people they passed would not suspect Mawlay Idriss to be anyone of importance and Rashid acted as if he was his superior. They moved onto Tilimsan and then moved on up to Tangiers, Morocco.
    Mawlay Idriss initially found asylum there but soon thereafter sought to establish himself among the remnants of the old Roman city of Walili (the ancient Roman capital of Volubilis). There he met with the Emir of Awraba tribe, Ishaq b. Muhammad, in the month of Rabee’ al-Awwal 172/757; an event that was to change the trajectory of Morocco forever. Emir Ishaq announced Mawlay Idriss’ presence to the tribes and the major tribes pledged al-bay’ah to him on Friday the 4th of Ramadan. The local Berber tribes, passionate neophytes of Islam, were convinced of Mawlay Idriss' power to lead as both king and imam and his exemplary conduct soon ensured his lordship over many of the Berber tribes.

Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière

Liens sociaux

Règles de messages